NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

16 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Did you know that Dov Kleiman is old (banned?) FF poster Billy Spikes?

ugh. Billy Spikes....

I was a Global Mod then and watched over the News Forum. Billy would post any bit of trash that any guy online would post to start up a rumor with and then turn it in to a new thread for us. Sooooo many times I had to shut down his threads, and he would whine and whine to me that "THEY'RE NEWS, NOT JUST YET!" he always had to break the story even when his source was lying.

then when the ex Patriots TE was in court, Billy (or BS, as i called him) went beserk and was posting every ten seconds, analyzing his tattoos and their gang meaning.

that's NFL News...?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

The Bears had the most money to spend heading into free agency and they made their big splash on linebackers and passed, or missed out, on the top tackles available.

Seems like a miss. 

I don't disagree, but also considering where they are drafting, they can grab one of the top 2 OT's most likely in this draft. Whereas no LB is probably worth a top 10 pick ever. So I get the decision making process from draft value, but also, sign the best player if you can that will help your team the most.

7 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

With Donald this is the ________ rated defense?

Without Donald this is the _______ rated defense?

we got a lot to say about a rough defensive back unit, but this one might be worse. 

It's a good thing that the Rams have 12 picks.  As usual, no 1st rounder, but they are Spielman-esque in having 9 picks in rounds 5-7. 

Not going to lie, the way the Rams have gone about building their roster is damn near a disaster. 

They pushed all of their chips in and got lucky to make it to the Super Bowl and lucky for them it paid off. But there is nothing on that roster to be excited about for the future. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Not going to lie, the way the Rams have gone about building their roster is damn near a disaster. 

They pushed all of their chips in and got lucky to make it to the Super Bowl and lucky for them it paid off. But there is nothing on that roster to be excited about for the future. 

Agreed.  Snead has always been awful at drafting to build a roster.  He must have realized it, which is why he resorted to trading a bunch of picks for veterans.  His best draft is probably still his first one, in 2012, when he drafted Brockers, Janoris Jenkins,Trumaine Johnson,  and Zuerlein.  He lucked into Aaron Donald in 2014 (after probably making his worst pick ever at #2 in Greg Robinson).  It's now time to pay the piper for that roster strategy.