NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

10 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

They don’t need to force him. He just won’t play for the team. Pretty clear Rodgers won’t just sit and ride the bench and will just retire. 

I don't think that's "pretty clear" at all. There's no player who has ground more axes than Aaron Rodgers. He's exactly the type of petty person who would sit on the bench and collect a paycheck out of spite.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I don't think that's "pretty clear" at all. There's no player who has ground more axes than Aaron Rodgers. He's exactly the type of petty person who would sit on the bench and collect a paycheck out of spite.

a rather large one at that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

And imagine the pressure put on Jordan Love and the franchise!

Which is why they won’t allow Rodgers on the final 53. Love won’t succeed in that situation with Rodgers lingering around as the backup especially if the Packers start slow. Who is he even throwing the ball too? Do the packers have any receivers left? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Which is why they won’t allow Rodgers on the final 53. Love won’t succeed in that situation with Rodgers lingering around as the backup especially if the Packers start slow. Who is he even throwing the ball too? Do the packers have any receivers left? 

They have 2 pretty promising WRs in Christian Watson and Romeo Doubs. They gotta stay healthy and continue to grow but they showed some potential last year.

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

If Rodgers did retire,  what's to stop him from pulling a Favre and saying he wants to play right before the season starts? The Packers shouldn't be playing hard ball imo

I agree. Playing hardball doesn’t make sense if you’re Green Bay and truly want to move on. If GB truly cared about maxing out trade value, they should have moved him last year. They have to accept the mess they are in now. One last run with Rodgers didn’t work last year and now both sides are mutually agreeing to split. Pick 13 value would have happened last year, probably could have gotten even more than that. now if the best they can get is a second and only one team has come to the table, where’s the leverage? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

They'd be better off with him, IMO. 

Probably. Give up 2 first round picks and a long term contract.

Or probably end up giving 1 first or a couple 2’s for maybe a year or two. 

I don’t think Lamar has had completely terrible weapons to throw to, but Lazard, Wilson, Hardman, & Davis along with Breece Hall at running back is by far the best he has ever had. 

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

I dont see why they wouldnt unless its impossible with the $ situation. I feel like throwing your name around Lamar would make the Packers sweat a bit.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/23/nfl-directs-teams-to-not-negotiate-with-ken-francis-regarding-lamar-jackson/

it would probably help if teams had someone they could actually talk to about him. Jackson has done this to himself. His refusal to obtain an agent has already cost him tens of millions of dollars, and will probably cost him tens of millions more. He could talk to any team he wanted to at any time and let him know what he wants, but there doesn’t seem to be any indication that he has done that either.

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

They're receiving calls, but they aren't making them...and are rejecting any such trade offers.  I'm sure the Vikings receive phone calls about trade offers for JJ every week. 

Edited by swede700

49 minutes ago, swede700 said:

They're receiving calls, but they aren't making them...and are rejecting any such trade offers.  I'm sure the Vikings receive phone calls about trade offers for JJ every week. 

Idk, I’m sure there is a right price. It just seems odd to come out and just say it if it’s so obvious.