NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

14 hours ago, vike daddy said:

As far as Pete Carroll is concerned, Father Time can get bent.

The Seahawks coach turns 72 in four weeks. On Thursday, he played quarterback at practice. He was nimble. He was spry. He ran. He threw. He flung it across his body, no-look style. He scrambled. It was amazing.

It’s an inspiration to the rest of us who either are that age — or eventually will be, if we’re lucky.

That’s right, punk. You too will eventually get old. If you live that long.

And there are plenty of things that suck about getting older. But it’s always better than the alternative.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/pete-carroll-71-can-still-move-and-throw

one of the rare times i've agreed with Florio, lol....

I will be 63 in January. I have lost nearly 90 lbs of fat.  I walk at least 4 miles a day plus an hour of strength training 6 days a week.  Other than some pesky arthritis in my feet, I am in the best shape of my life since my mid 30's when I was a distance runner.

I am probably to short (5' 7.5")to play QB for the Vikings, but I could get you 3 tough yards as a rb, sneaking underneath all those tall linemen!!!  B|

Edited by Captain Relax
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If a player is an 8 time All Pro (5 time 1st team, 3 time 2nd team) and a 10 time pro bowler, with 3 Super Bowl rings, is that player a Hall of Famer? 

Yes. Just like Adam Vinatieri and. eventually, Justin Tucker. I don’t know that anyone can dispute that Slater is the best special teamed of the generation. It’s a big part of the game and he was, by far, the best for a very long time. 

• Like 1

The NFL has brought back the third quarterback rule. This time, however, it has some new tweaks.

For starters, the third quarterback must be on the 53-man roster. This could prompt plenty of teams to never utilize it.

As to the teams that do, they’ll be permitted to dress the third quarterback without having him count against the game-day limit. And the third quarterback can enter only if the two other quarterbacks are not available, due to injury or ejection.

On Monday, the league sent a memo to all teams elaborating on the rules. For example, the player must be a “bona fide” quarterback, not a player at some other position, to be the emergency quarterback.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-outlines-procedure-for-using-third-quarterback

The loser of the competition with Darnold did not take the field with the rest of the team once that practice session got underway. According to multiple reports, Trey Lance is not in attendance for the team’s final workout before Friday night’s preseason finale against the Chargers.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/trey-lance-isnt-at-49ers-practice-wednesday

10 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Anthony Richardson is going to have some fun highlights this year.

He was really the only guy I was interested in at QB this year. I think it's a little early for him to start, but we'll see how it goes over the season.  I see his stats from last night, and while he led them to 3 scores (against a backup defense), that passing line is Ponder-esque.   

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, swede700 said:

He was really the only guy I was interested in at QB this year. I think it's a little early for him to start, but we'll see how it goes over the season.  I see his stats from last night, and while he led them to 3 scores (against a backup defense), that passing line is Ponder-esque.   

He had some dime, tight-window throws that his receivers just... dropped. 

• Like 1