Week 7 GDT: Panthers @ Bears

blkwdw13

1.  Starting to fear John Fox goes 7-9 and keeps his job.

2.  Stop mocking Derwin James to the bears.  Eddie Jackson has solidified himself on this team as a starter and is improving week to week.  That in addition to the bears philosophy of drafting safeties in the 4th round or later ever year.   

3.  The bears need to upgrade the WR core and they are contenders 2018.  They have a good defense and a strong running game.  fix the passing game and the bears will to a threat to win each week. 

26 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

2.  Stop mocking Derwin James to the bears.  Eddie Jackson has solidified himself on this team as a starter and is improving week to week.  That in addition to the bears philosophy of drafting safeties in the 4th round or later ever year.   

3.  The bears need to upgrade the WR core and they are contenders 2018.  They have a good defense and a strong running game.  fix the passing game and the bears will to a threat to win each week. 

Even with 7-9 I don't see this Fox staying, perhaps Fangio but that's really it. The offense is way to conservative and I continue to see bad coaching week to week. In addition, I feel like his philosophy is too conservative for Mitch to grow. 

Glad others have said it first, but there does seem to be a decent chance the team is good enough to keep Fox employed.  

I really feel that the lack of passing opportunity could be damaged to MT development. The thought of him internalizing Foxball makes me sick. However...

Playing the Saints next week, and I think that they will score and force the Bears to throw the ball. I think it's going to be a good game to see the passing game.  Hope they can keep up.

1 hour ago, Nads786 said:

Even with 7-9 I don't see this Fox staying, perhaps Fangio but that's really it. The offense is way to conservative and I continue to see bad coaching week to week. In addition, I feel like his philosophy is too conservative for Mitch to grow. 

7-9 or worse 8-8 would really suck cause it gives them a chance to call it progression and that if we add WRs and see Trubisky in year 2 we can win...

We need Fox gone as quickly as possible and an offensive mind brought in to pair with Trubisky because he is the future.

11 passing plays. A young, mobile QB gets sacked 4 times.

Worst of both worlds. Trubisky isn't getting legit NFL QB experience and he's getting sacked a alot.  It takes a special kind of incompetence to both restrict the development of your franchise QB and get him pounded at the same time. Maybe we see Trubisky line up as FB for the next game. That should provide valuable reps for him too.

Just saw the game ..Mike Brown and Courtland Finnegan aka Jackson & Fuller were unbelievable !! Trevathan, Hicks and Floyd also fantastic ! Jones and Amos solid

Our Defense is LEGIT ! Please stay healthy !!

Our Run game is LEGIT ! Please stay healthy !!

Patton Oswold Loggains needs to be strung-up and dragged outta town today !!!

LOVE ME SOME BIZCUITS !!!!

2 hours ago, Rogerthat said:

Winning ball games will have a much more positive impact on this team than winding up with a bad record to get Fox fired.

I maintain what I’ve been saying: is Pace, in year 4 of 5, going to let his job depend on John Fox? Unless the Bears go on some wild run, I really don’t think so.

I think the worst we see is Fox getting a one-year extension.

21 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

Winning ball games will have a much more positive impact on this team than winding up with a bad record to get Fox fired.

I maintain what I’ve been saying: is Pace, in year 4 of 5, going to let his job depend on John Fox? Unless the Bears go on some wild run, I really don’t think so.

I think the worst we see is Fox getting a one-year extension.

How often do coaches get 1-year extensions?

They will either fire him or they will offer him a multi year extension.  Brace yourselves people.

I was the one thinkin that there might be somethign to Loggains' offense, and that Fox had his hand on the brake lever... well,  if Loggains is more or less handing their playsheet to teams when they get off the bus, feel free to take me off that bandwagon of one. I don't have the football observational skills of many on this forum, but I could more or less tell what was going to be run, and how it was going to end. 

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

How often do coaches get 1-year extensions?

They will either fire him or they will offer him a multi year extension.  Brace yourselves people.

Didn’t Lovie get a one-year extension at one point? I think Marvin Lewis did as well.

2 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

I was the one thinkin that there might be somethign to Loggains' offense, and that Fox had his hand on the brake lever... well,  if Loggains is more or less handing their playsheet to teams when they get off the bus, feel free to take me off that bandwagon of one. I don't have the football observational skills of many on this forum, but I could more or less tell what was going to be run, and how it was going to end. 

Your observatiomal skills with regard to Loggmunch seem just fine to me. If we know what he's going to do, the coaches on the other sidelines getting paid millions certainly know !!

On 10/23/2017 at 12:09 PM, WindyCity said:

Fox is coaching like his job is on the line.

If he was safe in 2018 I think Mitch's development would be a bigger priority than winning games with 7 throws.

Agree wholeheartedly Windy. 

Let’s not overblow this either - we beat a woeful Baltimore team and a Panther team that pissed down it’s leg most of the game in a game in which we win by 2 scores with essentially zero offense the entire game. 

Archived