2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

2 hours ago, Refugee said:

Sucks all the way around for everyone, including me because I can always use more FB in my Packer life.  He seems like he’s got the right attitude.

https://twitter.com/TheRatdog25/status/1512565003760640013?s=20&t=EbDEn9ZJFREjhMRKi9LesQ

The Rat will be back!

If you want a FB, start hoping for Zander Horvath in like the 7th round. He was a RB at Purdue but he is being projected as a FB in the league.

A couple of weeks ago he got like the highest RAS score for the FB position ever. So he fits with GB’s general want for athletes.

Kind of hoping if GB mirrors 49ers more… he could be our kyle juszczyk.

18 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Frankly, I could go for this as long as you sign a solid veteran WR after the draft and take Ross out and replace him with another WR (Ross has one of the worst athletic profiles for a WR I've ever seen). 

In was meant as humor based on Outpost's theory of taking players with two first names. It is a draft that has 11 players with 23 first names. As it turned out it was about 8 minutes of my life I will never get back. Lol

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Green19 said:

If you want a FB, start hoping for Zander Horvath in like the 7th round. He was a RB at Purdue but he is being projected as a FB in the league.

A couple of weeks ago he got like the highest RAS score for the FB position ever. So he fits with GB’s general want for athletes.

Kind of hoping if GB mirrors 49ers more… he could be our kyle juszczyk.

Don't want a fullback, but this kid might be a good special teams player which we could use a lot more of them. 

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Gary-Karlaftis-Clark-Smith

Campbell

Alexander-Sullivan-Savage-Amos-Hill-Douglas

is a pretty impressive dime package. Not sure how much Hill helps the nickel this year though. 

Frankly, Packers could also look at Pitre in the late 1st/2nd. Same slot/safety type player but had the highest run defense grade among the top guys. Great blitzer too.

15 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

This next week I am going to be real busy.  Hopefully the week after I will have time to work on a "nightmare draft" where the board just falls how we don't want it to.  What can we expect from a worst case scenario? 

2015?

I think the first three rounds will bring Green Bay a receiver, safety, and edge players. The other two guys could be either OT, DT, WR, or ILB. I know people want to acquire 2 wideouts in the first two rounds but I don't think it will happen. An OT in the second round, OK, but don't see one that matches the Packer's system. I think DT and a ILB will round out the Packers roster before the second day is done.  Middle round OT/OG prospect and another WR will be added.

These positions will strengthen the Pack's team and prepare for some expected departures.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hands said:

I think the first three rounds will bring Green Bay a receiver, safety, and edge players. The other two guys could be either OT, DT, WR, or ILB. I know people want to acquire 2 wideouts in the first two rounds but I don't think it will happen. An OT in the second round, OK, but don't see one that matches the Packer's system. I think DT and a ILB will round out the Packers roster before the second day is done.  Middle round OT/OG prospect and another WR will be added.

These positions will strengthen the Pack's team and prepare for some expected departures.

Good to see you posting Hands. 

Agree with most all that, like you I'm having a hard time syncing up Packer system types with their picks. OT is a great example, unlike last year there just are not many that check all the boxes this year. Penning checks all the boxes but watching him I think he is going to struggle with NFL level speed rushers. Same with Smith. Maybe Abraham Lucas a little later as a project? I like Cade Mays, but he probably projects inside. If Cross had a Bulaga size slide I could see the Packers jumping at that. Do you have some OT prospect that have caught your eye? Has your guy tipped you with anything yet?   

3 minutes ago, R T said:

Good to see you posting Hands. 

Agree with most all that, like you I'm having a hard time syncing up Packer system types with their picks. OT is a great example, unlike last year there just are not many that check all the boxes this year. Penning checks all the boxes but watching him I think he is going to struggle with NFL level speed rushers. Same with Smith. Maybe Abraham Lucas a little later as a project? I like Cade Mays, but he probably projects inside. If Cross had a Bulaga size slide I could see the Packers jumping at that. Do you have some OT prospect that have caught your eye? Has your guy tipped you with anything yet?   

I'm still hesitant whether the Packers actually view OT as a big need like some outsiders do. I think they have Jenkins pegged as the starter at RT when he comes back and assuming he's extended, you have your tackles for the next few years, plus Nijman. I think they'll do what they normally do and draft a few middle round OL who are versatile players, guys who played multiple positions in college. Packers love those Lang, Runyan, Newman types. 

If he's there in the 3rd, I think Goedeke is a guy to watch as a OG/OT Packer type. Interior guys like Strange and Fortner would instantly replace Patrick too. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hands said:

Also, once the draft starts listen to RT....he's been correct more than anyone else I've seen on these boards.

Thanks for the kind words, but many people on this board get a bit hostile when information is passed on that isn't on twitter. I'm getting too old to deal with that kind of thing, just don't have the energy for it.     

1 hour ago, R T said:

Thanks for the kind words, but many people on this board get a bit hostile when information is passed on that isn't on twitter. I'm getting too old to deal with that kind of thing, just don't have the energy for it.     

Way to take a complement and look like a D-Bag.  When you make statements like this it's no wonder...

4 hours ago, Hands said:

This is similar to what I'm thinking. I think S and LB aren't getting talked about enough compared to some other positions. Both positions are loaded with athletes, and especially a lot of safeties with ball skills might be slipping into the mid rounds. We might even go to the position twice.

I think DL might be hard since it's not an especially deep position. Could be we don't get one because they all keep getting scooped up. We could get shut out if the board falls the wrong way.  

One position I think we might also look at in rounds 3-5 is TE.  It's another position loaded with talented, athletic players, and both Tonyan and Lewis could be gone next year.

Watson with 2 drops on 58 targets his senior year (43 receptions). He cleaned the drop issue up a lot during his college career.  He doesn't have great hands, but I don't expect his hands to be MVS bad. His average depth of target was 13.8 yards, so there weren't a lot of bubble screens padding his stats.

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/02/contextualization-of-wr-christian-watsons-2021-pass-targets-at-ndsu/

10.6 yards for average completed air yard distance and 8.0 yards after catch--both good numbers.

4 hours ago, TheEagle said:

Watson with 2 drops on 58 targets his senior year (43 receptions). He cleaned the drop issue up a lot during his college career.  He doesn't have great hands, but I don't expect his hands to be MVS bad. His average depth of target was 13.8 yards, so there weren't a lot of bubble screens padding his stats.

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/02/contextualization-of-wr-christian-watsons-2021-pass-targets-at-ndsu/

10.6 yards for average completed air yard distance and 8.0 yards after catch--both good numbers.

MVS had 0 drops on 55 targets this year?

Edited by AlexGreen#20