2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

Am I wrong to see a heavier Nick Perry when I watch Karloftis? He moves very... mechanical? I think that is the word I want to use.  Not a lot of smooth in him.  And for a guy that weighs 270+ like they list him, he seemed to have a lot of problems if an OL touched him, especially in the run game.  Not as bad as Thibodeaux, but still not what I was wanting to see.  

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Am I wrong to see a heavier Nick Perry when I watch Karloftis? He moves very... mechanical? I think that is the word I want to use.  Not a lot of smooth in him.  And for a guy that weighs 270+ like they list him, he seemed to have a lot of problems if an OL touched him, especially in the run game.  Not as bad as Thibodeaux, but still not what I was wanting to see.  

A healthy Nick Perry would be a great get at pick 28.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, squire12 said:

I think the next tier of EDGE/DL players might warrant a double dip to really boost the defense.   
Devonte Wyatt, Perrion Winfrey, Phidarian Mathis, Logan Hall, Myjai Sanders, Drake Jackson, Cameron Thomas

At first glance, EDGE looks deeper then IDL.  I think with IDL, you've got a top tier of Jordan Davis and DeMarvin Leal and then that second tier of Perrion Winfrey, Devonte Wyatt, and Phidarian Mathis is coming off the board late Day 1, early Day 2.

10 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't really see Nick Perry.  Nick Perry tested well in everything but the 3-cone which was glaringly obvious when he was asked to move in space.  I would have preferred Perry as a 4-3 DE as opposed to a 3-4 OLB, but the value was too much to pass up on.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

At first glance, EDGE looks deeper then IDL.  I think with IDL, you've got a top tier of Jordan Davis and DeMarvin Leal and then that second tier of Perrion Winfrey, Devonte Wyatt, and Phidarian Mathis is coming off the board late Day 1, early Day 2.

I need the games I can watch where Leal looks tier 1. I've watched 3 games from '21 and he looks like a day 3 guy.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I need the games I can watch where Leal looks tier 1. I've watched 3 games from '21 and he looks like a day 3 guy.

I haven't spent much time on him, so I'll get back to you on this one.  This one seems like another guy we've had on the prospect map for far too long and now he's getting nitpicked.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I just followed an account on youtube that has all snaps for some of these guys (where I watched Thibodeaux and Karloftis) and he highlights the player before the snap to make it easier.  I will link when I get home this evening.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I haven't spent much time on him, so I'll get back to you on this one.  This one seems like another guy we've had on the prospect map for far too long and now he's getting nitpicked.

Just no get off, and no power to his hands whatsoever. Winfrey, Wyatt and Mathis have MUCH more impressive tape.

Just no get off, and no power to his hands whatsoever. Winfrey, Wyatt and Mathis have MUCH more impressive tape.

I'd also argue that A&M grossly misused him.  He was a 43 UT all the way, and they kept lining him as an EDGE.

Eh, he's got plenty of 3 and 5 tech snaps.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but he played largely more the 3T role before this year and almost exclusively on the EDGE this year.  He's listed at 290 according to the A&M website.  How many 290+ EDGE rushers are there?

Just now, CWood21 said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but he played largely more the 3T role before this year and almost exclusively on the EDGE this year.  He's listed at 290 according to the A&M website.  How many 290+ EDGE rushers are there?

Games I watched were this year and he did not play exclusively edge in any of them.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

59 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Games I watched were this year and he did not play exclusively edge in any of them.

Snap Counts By Year:

• A - GAP = 57
  • B - GAP = 174
  • Over Tackle = 50
  • Outside Tackle = 414

• A - GAP = 16
  • B - GAP = 28
  • Over Tackle = 65
  • Outside Tackle = 375

• A - GAP = 4
  • B - GAP = 47
  • Over Tackle = 104