2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think Pitre will definitely be a target at 53/59. 

TDN breakdown....

Jalen Pitre is a former 3-star safety prospect out of the Houston, Texas area. Pitre is a senior defensive back for Baylor that has been receiving significant playing time for the Bears since his freshman year. Pitre aligns in multiple positions for the Bears' defense. On any given play you can find Pitre playing FS, SS, ILB, or OLB. His athletic traits allow for defensive coordinators to put him in position to make plays. Pitre is an active sideline-to-sideline player that prides himself on having a physical presence in his tackling. In coverage, Pitre is best when he can play as a middle-of-the-field robber and use his natural instincts to lead him to the ball. In his last two seasons at Baylor, Pitre has seen his high level of play pay off in the form of many awards. In 2020 Pitre was named to the First Team All-Big 12 Team and in 2021 he was named to the AP All-American First Team. Pitre is a versatile defender that has proven that he has a knack for making plays close to the line of scrimmage. 

Ideal Role: As a strong safety/primary role to be an inset run defender

Scheme Fit: Cover 3 zone scheme / Hook-to-curl player 

• Like 1

TDN MD - 2 rounds only - auto

22. -  Jordan Davis IDL, Georgia

28.  -  Chris Olave WR, Ohio State

53.  -  Arnold Ebiketie EDGE, Penn State

59.  -  Nicholas Petit-Frere OT, Ohio State

Anything to like about this?  :)

1 hour ago, Leader said:

We're gonna move up and take him Ha!  :)

We might have to if we really want him. Easy enough to imagine another scenario like Justin Jefferson. Like always we need to see how the board falls but I could see Wilson, Burks, Jamo & Olave all being gone before 22.

2 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

We might have to if we really want him. Easy enough to imagine another scenario like Justin Jefferson. Like always we need to see how the board falls but I could see Wilson, Burks, Jamo & Olave all being gone before 22.

Speaking of Wilson.....the TDN breakdown:

Ohio State wide receiver Garrett Wilson is a dynamic threat with the ball in his hands and offers the kind of run after catch ability that is sure to command a role at the NFL level. Wilson, who is a part of the crowded wide receiver room in Columbus and has enjoyed a career year in 2021, projects best to the NFL game as a slot receiver, where his short-area agility will afford him more room to work and create space and he can be more naturally crafted quick touches for an offense that commands spacing issues with a prominent vertical passing attack. Those conditions parallel what Wilson often works with at Ohio State and would help to both maximize his immediate impact and allow the same creative touches he sees in college to follow him to the pros. I appreciate Wilson’s versatility as an offensive weapon and would hope to see him placed into a role that features him in the RPO game as a bubble/glance threat, as a jet motion option to get him leverage to the perimeter quickly, and as an underneath receiver that utilizes his burst to carry across the middle of the field in mesh/drive concepts as the underneath target. 

Ideal role: Slot receiver (in a high-volume passing offense)

Scheme tendencies: Vertical offense, shallow crossers, option routes, play-action kill shots 

1 minute ago, TheEagle said:

He didn’t. Official time was 4.39.

Every stopwatch measurement is meaningful, since the standard deviation determines the error bars on a stopwatch measurement, rather than the uncertainty of the instrument.  Teams don't just go off of "one official number" but a whole bank of measurements.

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Every stopwatch measurement is meaningful, since the standard deviation determines the error bars on a stopwatch measurement, rather than the uncertainty of the instrument.  Teams don't just go off of "one official number" but a whole bank of measurements.

It’s pretty obvious to the naked eye that he is not a 4.26 guy though.

52 minutes ago, Leader said:

Speaking of Wilson.....the TDN breakdown:

Ohio State wide receiver Garrett Wilson is a dynamic threat with the ball in his hands and offers the kind of run after catch ability that is sure to command a role at the NFL level. Wilson, who is a part of the crowded wide receiver room in Columbus and has enjoyed a career year in 2021, projects best to the NFL game as a slot receiver, where his short-area agility will afford him more room to work and create space and he can be more naturally crafted quick touches for an offense that commands spacing issues with a prominent vertical passing attack. Those conditions parallel what Wilson often works with at Ohio State and would help to both maximize his immediate impact and allow the same creative touches he sees in college to follow him to the pros. I appreciate Wilson’s versatility as an offensive weapon and would hope to see him placed into a role that features him in the RPO game as a bubble/glance threat, as a jet motion option to get him leverage to the perimeter quickly, and as an underneath receiver that utilizes his burst to carry across the middle of the field in mesh/drive concepts as the underneath target. 

Ideal role: Slot receiver (in a high-volume passing offense)

Scheme tendencies: Vertical offense, shallow crossers, option routes, play-action kill shots 

He's shifty and fairly explosive with the ball in hand, but the rest doesn't add up to WR1. He's smallish. Not very physical. Not a true burner. Also a surprisingly mediocre route runner, lots of unclean footwork and telegraphing. I suppose he can improve that facet somewhat, but doubt he'll ever excel as an outside receiver.    

8 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

He's shifty and fairly explosive with the ball in hand, but the rest doesn't add up to WR1. He's smallish. Not very physical. Not a true burner. Also a surprisingly mediocre route runner, lots of unclean footwork and telegraphing. I suppose he can improve that facet somewhat, but doubt he'll ever excel as an outside receiver.    

Yeah....they peg him as a slot receiver best:  "projects best to the NFL game as a slot receiver, where his short-area agility will afford him more room to work and create space and he can be more naturally crafted quick touches for an offense that commands spacing issues with a prominent vertical passing attack"

7 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

lots of unclean footwork and telegraphing.

I saw that too. He gets a bit "showy" when trying to change direction. Other than that there's alot to like about him.

I like him more than Jameson Williams and Chris Olave.

3 hours ago, Leader said:

So.....how high up / what round should GB select a CB? (Presuming we get Jaire extended).
Is help/depth at S more important?

Assuming a long-term deal with Jaire Alexander is within reach, I'm not sure how the Packers can justify spending another high pick on a DB.  Are we really going to play a ton of dime defense?  Maybe @AlexGreen#20 has the number readily available, but I don't recall the Packers playing primarily out of the dime defensive packages.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

TDN MD - 2 rounds only - auto

22. -  Jordan Davis IDL, Georgia

28.  -  Chris Olave WR, Ohio State

53.  -  Arnold Ebiketie EDGE, Penn State

59.  -  Nicholas Petit-Frere OT, Ohio State

Anything to like about this?  :)

Don't love NPF but otherwise I'd love it.

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I think Pitre will definitely be a target at 53/59. 

Again, how high can you draft a DB that barring injury isn't going to see the field?  Stokes played in 935 snaps last year, Douglas played in 680 over 12 games (963 over 17 games), and the rest of the non-Jaire snaps were a combined 959 snaps.  The previous year, Jaire played in 900 snaps so you add an additional 700 snaps to Jaire's, and you're only needing to account for ~250 snaps which is roughly the number of snaps that Rasul Douglas would have had he been under contract the entire year.  So you're effectively replacing Henry Black's ~25% of the defensive snaps.  I think that might be too much of a luxury.  I'm not opposed to it.