2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

32 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I am not seeing that as an issue.

Source ??

It's funny.  I've read profiles on Watson that go both ways as far as the ball tracking.  I've seen similar discrepancies regarding hands, blocking and route running on multiple day 1-2 WR prospects.  Don't like what you are reading on a prospect?  No worries.  Go to a different site, and it probably says something closer to what you are looking for.

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

It's funny.  I've read profiles on Watson that go both ways as far as the ball tracking.  I've seen the similar discrepancies regarding hands, blocking and route running on multiple day 1-2 WR prospects.  Don't like what you are reading on a prospect?  No worries.  Go to a different site, and it probably says something closer to what you are looking for.

This is so true! The beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. 

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I suspect Williams. Olave being a senior is going to weird some people out. 

Perhaps, but Williams is going to basically redshirt his rookie year with the ACL. Ten-month recovery means he doesn't really start until end of October with no TC or preseason. I wouldn't want to rush back my first-round rookie either.

But your point if valid. 

13 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Outside of Davis (because I think Wyatt likely isn't on our board or very high up on the board), I don't think the DL is very strong.  Perrion Winfrey is probably going to be DL2 for most people that don't have Wyatt on the board, so I anticipate him going late Day 1.  Travis Jones doesn't provide enough interior pass rush to justify using a FRP on him, and I think he's off the board before our Day 2 pick.

Logan Hall

8 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Sell me on him then.  I took a second look tonight, and I see Lazard with a little better balance and a little better after the catch, but not the blocker.  I don't think that is a guy that I would be excited to take in the first round.  

Drake London legitimately was USC's offense.  He accounted for about 54% of the passing yards in the games he played.  Their leading WR after London went down was Gary Bryant who had 9 receptions for 161 yards against UCLA.  That was their only WR to have an 80+ yard game after London broke his ankle.  London had 7 himself including the game he broke his ankle in.  His 1084 receiving yards ranked 28th among all CFB receivers last year, and I'd bet he was the only one who played in 8 or less games.  He was on pace for a 132 reception, 1626 receiving yards, and 11 TD reception season.  That would have ranked second in receptions and 3rd in yardage.  He was uber-productive.

I think you're underselling Drake London.  If you want to comp him to Lazard, he's a rich man's Lazard.  The guy is an absolute monster with a huge catch radius and does really well after the catch.  He's not necessarily the twitchiest WR, but he still manages to create good separation.  He's hard to play press coverage against because of his size, and he's shown the ability to beat press coverage pretty consistently.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

TBH, I covet the two-step to get the Jets 2 early 2nd round picks trading 28 and a later pick.

Don't we all.  But that's a pipe dream.  It'd take our SRP from the Raiders plus our natural 4th round pick to be equal in terms of trade chart, but that deal doesn't seem likely unless the Jets are desperate for someone.

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Why do you think Williams goes before Olave? He couldn't beat him out at OSU and he's coming off an ACL? Not being snarky but is he as good a route runner as Olave? I know blocking isn't his thing because he's so slight of frame. 

Perceived upside.  I'm not sure there is a ton of upside in Olave's game.  He's silky smooth, but he's not very physical and he might be a slot-only type.

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Don't we all.  But that's a pipe dream.  It'd take our SRP from the Raiders plus our natural 4th round pick to be equal in terms of trade chart, but that deal doesn't seem likely unless the Jets are desperate for someone.

Or want the 5th year option on the guy at 28. There seems to be a little value in that for teams. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Or want the 5th year option on the guy at 28. There seems to be a little value in that for teams. 

Moving up from an early SRP to a late FRP value is pretty much set at a 4th round pick.  In 2019, the Giants traded #37, a fourth and fifth round pick to move up to #30 to select DeAndre Baker.  In 2017, the 49ers traded #34 and a fourth round pick to move up #31 to select Reuben Foster.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Moving up from an early SRP to a late FRP value is pretty much set at a 4th round pick.  In 2019, the Giants traded #37, a fourth and fifth round pick to move up to #30 to select DeAndre Baker.  In 2017, the 49ers traded #34 and a fourth round pick to move up #31 to select Reuben Foster.

I wasn't disagreeing with the trade value you suggested. Just giving another reason teams may want to move up into bottom of 1st from top of 2nd. 

I still think that is good value for GB. I think their second round picks are 33 and 38. 

Edited by Old Guy