2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

3 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I feel like Pierce, Watson and Pickens are the guys GB would like to target.

Most likely. I'd have them high up the board. Pickens and Watson would need to be selected with 28 IMO while Pierce is likely 53/59.

23 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I feel like Pierce, Watson and Pickens are the guys GB would like to target.

I'd probably do a 4'th for that Austin kid from ND.

6'2''  200 pounds.  4.43 40.  39 vertical.  132 broad.  6.71 3 cone (what???)

Seems like the perfect size with some really nice scores behind him.  Totally someone I'd like to see us develop.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I half suspect Green Bay is going to pick Pickens in the first when there are bigger name WRs out there it's going to be the whole "why did Green Bay take Kenny Clark with Robert Nkemdiche, A'Shawn Robinson, Vernon Butler, and Jarran Reed on the board?" thing again.

I like that Kenny was drafted with those guys (like Reed) who is 29 and Kenny is only 26.

13 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I half suspect Green Bay is going to pick Pickens in the first when there are bigger name WRs out there it's going to be the whole "why did Green Bay take Kenny Clark with Robert Nkemdiche, A'Shawn Robinson, Vernon Butler, and Jarran Reed on the board?" thing again.

If Pickens doesn't tear his ACL when he did, there's a very real chance he would've been the 1st WR off the board in this class. 

7 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I like that Kenny was drafted with those guys (like Reed) who is 29 and Kenny is only 26.

I feel like it's a good practice to, whenever we're looking at draft prospects whose jobs are about "physically pushing other people around" to figure out if they're older or younger than the guys they played against in college.

This is why we're not going to take Devonte Wyatt or Boye Mafe.  It's more impressive when 23 year olds can't block a 19 year old than the other way around.

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I do love being in the position that other teams will think that we're desperate to add WR in the first. May even get them to trade up ahead of us and value targets fall because of it. 

Gute's playing chess while y'all are playing checkers.

I really envision a scenario where KC jumps past 28 to pick a WR, and we just trade down, scoop up an extra third and take a WR with one or two of our second or third rounders.

Jacob Schumacher -   I love the idea of pairing Olave with Pickens or Watson.

• Ross Uglem -   Olave / Watson is the nuclear option. The most polished kid in the class with the literal athletic equivalent of Megatron. There would be no pants.

Does anyone see a slide happening for Kyle Hamilton? Any chance he makes it to 22 after his combine?Usually a lock top ten pick slides and I could see it being him.

For Receivers, if we can get either Pickens or Williams (Bama) I think both would have been fighting for the WR1 if they didn’t get hurt,

Edited by moretti19