2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

4 hours ago, Chili said:

I've finally watched Alec Pierce tape. Whoever gave him the Jordy comparison is so lazy, he is nothing like him.

First of all Jordy is a natural runner, you can see his track background on the field. Because of that track background he also has excellent hips giving him rare wiggle for a WR his size. Jordy was able to run and move around like a smaller receiver. on top of that he has broad shoulders, long arms and excellent hands making him a very well rounded wide receiver prospect.

Alec Pierce doesn't run well after his catches because he doesn't have enough agility to extend the play. He has narrower shoulders but he doesn't let that stop him from jumping up and plucking the ball out of the air. He has enough speed with his long strides to run past corners.

He is a good player but he is limited. He's a day 3 prospect.

All I did was watch some highlights and it seemed as if he was on the ground all the time. He’s missing 33% of an NFL WR’s game. Get open, catch, run.

Edited by Uffdaswede

4 minutes ago, The Truth said:

Jerry Rice's 40 4.71, wouldn't mind Burks in rd 1, I think he would be a good fit in MLF's offense.

Off topic and not important but...This needs to die.

Jerry Rice was not a 4.7 guy no matter what the internet said. I think Rice himself came out when asked at some point and said he ran in the 4.4s.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

Off topic and not important but...This needs to die.

Jerry Rice was not a 4.7 guy no matter what the internet said. I think Rice himself came out when asked at some point and said he ran in the 4.4s.

Not sure how this is off topic, but you are the site authority on all things nonsense

19 minutes ago, The Truth said:

Not sure how this is off topic, but you are the site authority on all things nonsense

I was saying that I was going off topic.

And thanks, I take that as a compliment. 

Anyways. Jerry Rice didn't have 4.7 speed. Stop repeating it.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Re:  Burks

Ross Uglem -  I'm not concerned about his 40 time. The best two receivers on the planet ran 4.62 (Kupp) and 4.56 (Davante). They also were both sub-6.85 in the three-cone. 7.28 is a borderline red flag for Burks.

I like what Burks brings as a weapon, just not sure how he'd do out wide on a regular basis.  He'd be great on bubble screens, and certain plays, but if you take him do you still need WRs?  I think he works in a place like AZ, Buffalo or Pitt that have WRs and you can use him to his strengths.  I wouldn't be upset if the Packers took him.  If the Packers go to a ground and pound approach, he might be a great fit for them.   

Also have to look at the longevity of players like this.  They take a pounding with their style.  Deebo is the same way, great player, but he takes a beating with his style.

Edited by NFLGURU

Burks scares me because his only exceptional physical trait is his size.

I don't know how to put this very eloquently but...

In college he was basically a small TE with the athletism of a good WR. In the pros he'll be a big WR with the athletism of a good TE.

I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again but I just don't see any traits or skills that make me think he'll be a standout at the next level.

1 hour ago, Norm said:

I was saying that I was going off topic.

And thanks, I take that as a compliment. 

Anyways. Jerry Rice didn't have 4.7 speed. Stop repeating it.

Stuff is overrated anyways. Kupp ran a 4.62 but he's smarter than the guy across from him so he's going to win, period. Meanwhile, guys who run 4.4s in shorts who can't run routes, stack or otherwise separate from a CB other than in a straight line race typically don't amount to much in the NFL.

Edited by packfanfb

4picksinthetop59 -  I just can’t see them taking Burks in the first…Skyy Moore or Watson make much more sense for them at 28

• Ross Uglem -  If you can't see them taking Treylon Burks I have bad news for you about Skyy Moore.

Edited by Leader

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

FNA6mz-WYAgjQi6?format=png&name=900x900

Are you really trying to downplay Pierce as an athlete??? 

Watson didn't do agility, probably because it's not a strength of his. 

Pierce and Watson are completely comparable.

I think Watson shows better flexibility, ability to adjust, and better RAC.

Peirce is fast in a straight line.  We will see, but if I were picking between the two, it would be Watson.  Time will tell whose eyes are correct.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Not that I think you're necessarily wrong, but why do you think that?

I will start by saying this is not an attack on Watson and believe he has a chance to be a very good WR in time, hopefully that will throw a wet blanket on those that are ready to fire the hater card.

Pierce has done it at a higher level, regularly get separation on deep balls, very good on contested catches. Pierce wins out against Watson on each of those and is a more natural catcher of the ball, were as Watson can be a body catcher when given the chance. Watson is raw and there is a lot to work with there, but just don't believe he is slotted ahead of Pierce for the Packers because of that rawness. Watson will likely take a few years to develop, and we all know that Packer fans have no patience for such things as development of players.