2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Mock Draft on ESPN TV.

22 - Jahan Dotson WR
28 - Zion Johnson G

I didnt see it all - so not sure of all the picks ahead of ours - but Olave went to WA.
Jameson was on the board......KC snagged him after we took Johnson - but the chatter is that KC is likely to move up to snag the WR they want.

I don't think there would be a whole lot of happy people on the board it we did this. 

20 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I don't think there would be a whole lot of happy people on the board it we did this. 

I wouldn't be happy. But I would understand that. just don't like the guys but they got the positions.

32 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I hope whichever WR that we draft turns out to be an excellent player but I’ll be pissed if we take Pierce over Olave.  We don’t need another Turdburger over McLaurin debacle on our hands. 

If we are lucky enough for Olave to be available we better take him.  Not even close between the two.  Pierce late round 2 ok he's not on the same level.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I hope whichever WR that we draft turns out to be an excellent player but I’ll be pissed if we take Pierce over Olave.  We don’t need another Turdburger over McLaurin debacle on our hands. 

I guess it depends on your view point of Pierce. I’m just going off the gut feeling they like Pierce, Pickens, and Watson more than say a dotson, Olave, Wilson etc.

Im sure they like London and Burks… but I don’t know how they value speed at the position currently. I know they talk it up in the media but it’s not like this team historically draft speed guys.

Im just calling out Pierce because I think he is the most likely to not be viewed as highly in the WR class and cause the most uproar. As well as I think when they watch the tape they will see Jordy Nelson 2.0 … and I think this team will value that over the others.

16 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

If we are lucky enough for Olave to be available we better take him.  Not even close between the two.  Pierce late round 2 ok he's not on the same level.  

I’m curious what makes it not even close? 

• Like 1

Pick #22 comes up and you are on the clock.  3 WRs are surprisingly still on the board.  

A. Jameson Williams

B. Chris Olave

C. Drake London

D. You trade back a couple of slots and get one of them and a later pick.

Assuming your top candidates from other positions are gone. Who are you taking??

Rank them in order.

Edited by NFLGURU

3 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Pick #22 comes up and you are on the clock.  3 WRs are surprisingly still on the board.  

A. Jameson Williams

B. Chris Olave

C. Drake London

Assuming your candidates from other positions are gone. Who are you taking??

Rank them in order.

Haven't seen London run yet but assuming it's decent....

London, Olave, Williams

9 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

A. Jameson Williams

B. Chris Olave

C. Drake London

Assuming your top candidates from other positions are gone. Who are you taking??

Rank them in order.

If all three are there **** I might trade up to 23 and take both Olave and London

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

A. Jameson Williams

B. Chris Olave

C. Drake London

Rank them in order.

You draft Zion Johnson….

To actually answer your question:

1. Draft Williams (he is clearly the best wr in the class and you draft on talent, even if you need to wait… this is under the assumption his medical is ok and it’s just you have to wait a year for him to heal from the ACL).

2. You trade back and get whoever

3. London (until this team consistently shows a different pattern, they like size at the WR position. they talk about basketball players at WR. London is more that than Olave).

4. Olave

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Green19 said:

You draft Zion Johnson….

To actually answer your question:

1. Draft Williams (he is clearly the best wr in the class and you draft on talent, even if you need to wait… this is under the assumption his medical is ok and it’s just you have to wait a year for him to heal from the ACL).

2. You trade back and get whoever

3. London (until this team consistently shows a different pattern, they like size at the WR position. they talk about basketball players at WR. London is more that than Olave).

4. Olave

5.  Then, draft Burks at 28 👍

34 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I guess it depends on your view point of Pierce. I’m just going off the gut feeling they like Pierce, Pickens, and Watson more than say a dotson, Olave, Wilson etc.

Im sure they like London and Burks… but I don’t know how they value speed at the position currently. I know they talk it up in the media but it’s not like this team historically draft speed guys.

Im just calling out Pierce because I think he is the most likely to not be viewed as highly in the WR class and cause the most uproar. As well as I think when they watch the tape they will see Jordy Nelson 2.0 … and I think this team will value that over the others.

You can like those guys all you want but they are completely different tiers of players. I don't think you'd find a single pro scout who would put Pierce ahead of guys like Olave and Wilson. I could see the Packers take Pierce in the 2nd if they pass on a WR in round 1 but they're not taking Pierce instead of those guys.

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

You can like those guys all you want but they are completely different tiers of players. I don't think you'd find a single pro scout who would put Pierce ahead of guys like Olave and Wilson. I could see the Packers take Pierce in the 2nd if they pass on a WR in round 1 but they're not taking Pierce instead of those guys.

Agree, he isn't in that top tier, but it wouldn't be surprised if they move up in round two to get him.   To me, he looks like someone they'd like.  Maybe not though.

36 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

But everyone has different tiers… your tiers might have Olave and Wilson higher. Someone else might have Watson and Pierce higher. No one can say for sure EVERY scout has them higher.

Pierce and Watson specifically have things you can’t teach… they are bigger and faster. Part of this process is PROJECTION. No doubt Olave was a better college wr and is a better route runner TODAY.

But if you are in the draft and DEVELOP business… I’m betting there are some teams going “I can teach Pierce or Watson how to run better routes”… “I can’t teach Olave to be bigger and faster”.

And look… I’m not saying I hate Olave, I’ll be crazy happy if GB drafts him. Maybe I’m over thinking this but I’m not looking for guys “I like” , I’m trying to figure out who GB likes and would likely draft.

Edited by Green19