53 man roster predictions

candyman93

On 4/11/2020 at 11:31 PM, Mind Character said:

Worst Case Scenario at 10 (Of the Plausible Eventualities):

It's hard to imagine the Browns really going insane at 10 so it's more worst of the plausible options

1.) Passing on Wills, Okudah, or Simmons for Tristan Wirfs to play Tackle
2.) Drafting Tristan Wirfs as a Tackle

On 8/30/2021 at 10:39 PM, Empire Lies said:

I once knew a guy back in the day who had many thoughts about Tristin Wirfs.

That guy also would probably think you guys are shmucks & bastards for asking such questions. Luckily, I'm not that exact same guy.

That guy thought Wirfs was a Hall of Fame Guard prospect out the gate, a pro-bowl caliber Right Tackle eventually that would struggle year 1 due to projection of technique issues, and not the best suited prospect to switch to Left Tackle due to technique issues.

That guy thought Jedrick Wills Jr. would make the best immediate and long-term Left Tackle in the draft.

Oddly enough, I think that guy might be right. I can't remember dude's name though.

Oh btw, dis you?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh btw, dis you?

You spent all that time looking through quotes just to selectively misframe quote stuff from some guy I don't know ultimately misrepresenting that guy's opinion (I've heard through the derp grapevine).

It was clear through numerous posts from that guy (I'm guessing b/c I'm not that guy), that as the Browns didn't need a RT, that guy's concerns for Wirfs were ultimately about what his transition would be at Left Tackle because of his technique issues.

Ultimately with the belief that Wills was the best Left Tackle prospect in the draft and Wirfs a great guard with high quality upside at Right Tackle.

Edited by Empire Lies

2 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

You spent all that time looking through quotes just to selectively misframe quote stuff from some guy I don't know ultimately misrepresenting that guy's opinion (I've heard through the grapevine).

It was clear through numerous posts from that guy , that as the Browns didn't need a RT, that guys concerns for Wirfs were ultimately about what his transition would be at Left Tackle.

You literally said the second worst thing we could do (after passing on other players for Wirfs) was to draft Wirfs as a tackle.  It’s right there lol.

You want me to find the posts of you using the opinions of guys like Joe Thomas and Schwartz to support your position he was a guard and not a tackle?  I just re-read them, shouldn’t take long.

But like, we all read it.  We all remember it.  You just seem to have this idea that somehow you’ve never been flat *** wrong.  And every year you have been (like everyone else). It’s just funny to see someone pretend to be an authority on something and whiff continually and absolutely refuse to acknowledge it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You literally said the second worst thing we could do (after passing on other players for Wirfs) was to draft Wirfs as a tackle.  It’s right there lol.

You want me to find the posts of you using the opinions of guys like Joe Thomas and Schwartz to support your position he was a guard and not a tackle?  I just re-read them, shouldn’t take long.

But like, we all read it.  We all remember it.  You just seem to have this idea that somehow you’ve never been flat *** wrong.  And every year you have been (like everyone else). It’s just funny to see someone pretend to be an authority on something and whiff continually and absolutely refuse to acknowledge it.

Never ever suggested that I've never been wrong. 

I admit my wrong evaluations all the time.

Definitely posted a ton about Wirfs being an elite guard not tackle.

Citing Joe Thomas, Geoff Schwartz, Daniel Jeremiah and many others.

I'm saying that it's a misrepresentation to say that there wasn't nuance in the various posts I made about Wirfs' qualities/projection as Tackle. Mostly, that being that him being drafted on the Browns meant he'd play Left Tackle. And the problems I saw technique wise and feel wise that I thought he'd struggle with.

He fixed those issues and was exceptional at Right Tackle with the Bucs which as most knew including me and I stated was always within his talent set to do as he was the best raw talent outside of Wills in my mind in the draft.

Penei Sewell was my top Tackle in this last draft at Left Tackle. Switching to Right Tackle I had him as my 3rd Tackle and he's struggling mightily as a Right Tackle.

I thought Wills would transition seemlessly, thought Wirfs wouldn't at all and moving him to left would derail and waste his immense talent. Thought he had core critical technique flaws that made him better to use his elite skills at the Guard position. Talent, coaching, and work ethic won out year 1 and he played well at Right Tackle.

Edited by Empire Lies

1 minute ago, Empire Lies said:

Never ever suggested that I've never been wrong. 

I admit my wrong evaluations all the time.

Definitely posted a ton about Wirfs being an elite guard not tackle.

Citing Joe Thomas, Geoff Schwartz, Daniel Jeremiah and many others.

Then just laugh off the ball busting instead of doubling down with “no I said he’d be a pro bowl tackle” and such nonsense.  

17 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

You spent all that time looking through quotes just to selectively misframe quote stuff from some guy I don't know ultimately misrepresenting that guy's opinion (I've heard through the derp grapevine).

It was clear through numerous posts from that guy (I'm guessing b/c I'm not that guy), that as the Browns didn't need a RT, that guy's concerns for Wirfs were ultimately about what his transition would be at Left Tackle because of his technique issues.

Ultimately with the belief that Wills was the best Left Tackle prospect in the draft and Wirfs a great guard with high quality upside at Right Tackle.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Well, if the shoe fits....

I’ll say this and leave it alone as to keep with rules and such.

No one here disagrees with you.  No one likes the guy.  He’s literally only in office because he’s not the other guy. 

The difference between you and I is I am able to acknowledge theyre all self serving ***** while you think it only applies to “the other guys”.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ll say this and leave it alone as to keep with rules and such.

No one here disagrees with you.  No one likes the guy.  He’s literally only in office because he’s not the other guy. 

The difference between you and I is I am able to acknowledge theyre all self serving ***** while you think it only applies to “the other guys”.

To be fair, currently a teleprompter is the leader of the free world…and it’s an upgrade somehow.

• Like 1