53 man roster predictions

candyman93

With MJ Stewart Jr. now being classified as a Safety instead of a CB officially on the roster, the Browns no have 5 safeties and 5 CBs. 

While we know MJ is likely to still be seen as providing CB versatility, it now seems that CB becomes a front and center position that Andrew Berry likely seeks to upgrade upon via other cuts or trades along with OLine, DE, and to a lesser extent TE.

Most talented guys waived thus far:

Starter Quality Talent

OT, Tyrell Crosby (Lions)

CB, Thomas Graham (Bears)

WR, Cornell Powell (Chiefs)

WR, Travis Fulgham (Eagles)

--

Long-term Upside & Immediate Quality Depth

OG, Malcolm Pridgeon (Steelers)

OG/OC, Willie Wright (Eagles)

Crosby was waived injured but he's such a quality player with quality starts it might be worthwhile to sign him then put him on I.R.

Thomas Graham and Cornell Powell both have quality starter talent.

MalcolM Pridgeon is so athletic and has a feel for the zone scheme as does Willie Wright.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t understand cutting rookies at all.

Indeed.

Titans just cut 4th rounder WR Dez Fitzpatrick who has tons of talent. And they gave up draft capital to move up.  

It would have to be a rare complete disregard for and egregious violation of the man to man accountability structure of the organization, otherwise it doesn't make much sense.

Even in those cases, healthier development environments can help these young guys get to other side of some of their personal issues.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d be curious as to their vaccination status.

Urban is on record and is gonna be “investigated” for saying the quiet part out loud.

Considering multiple HC's have been fired for not being vaccinated, I don't think anything happens in that route. TBH, I don't think it's any difference from cutting a guy/not signing a guy for being a "poor locker room presence", a "distraction" (Tim Tebow, Kaep), or even potential medical issues in their past that would prevent them from playing, because that's essentially what this is.

As one of our coaches loves to say: "Your best ability is availability."

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Considering multiple HC's have been fired for not being vaccinated, I don't think anything happens in that route. TBH, I don't think it's any difference from cutting a guy/not signing a guy for being a "poor locker room presence", a "distraction" (Tim Tebow, Kaep), or even potential medical issues in their past that would prevent them from playing, because that's essentially what this is.

As one of our coaches loves to say: "Your best ability is availability."

I completely agree.  

From a purely football/competitive advantage point of view, vaccinated players are less risk. That’s why I find the investigation amusing.

Ive wondered that about some of our cuts as well.

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I completely agree.  

From a purely football/competitive advantage point of view, vaccinated players are less risk. That’s why I find the investigation amusing.

Ive wondered that about some of our cuts as well.

Like anything else in sports, you're allowed to be so good and so much of a distraction or liability (sliding scale on the upward right matrix). So, JJ3 is an elite safety and can basically do what he wants, (the same for Lamar Jackson at QB) whereas Cam Newton wasn't good enough to be a starter and therefore likely cut.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Like anything else in sports, you're allowed to be so good and so much of a distraction or liability (sliding scale on the upward right matrix). So, JJ3 is an elite safety and can basically do what he wants, (the same for Lamar Jackson at QB) whereas Cam Newton wasn't good enough to be a starter and therefore likely cut.

For further context 

Notable guys from other teams I would like on the Browns

Darryl Johnson Jr (Traded to Carolina ☹️

DE/DT Jason Stowbridge

DE/DT Johnathan Ledbetter

DT Montravius Adams 

CB Jimmy Moreland 

OG Alex Redmond

DE Ronald Blair

DE Hamilcar Rashed 

DT Renell Wren

RB Pooka Williams

DE Charles Snowden

TE Alize Mack

OG Ben Braden 

DE Christian Miller

TE Ethan Wolf

TE Jerrell Adams

S James Wiggins 

DE Quincy Roche

DE Derek Rivers

DT Andrew Brown

DE Joe Gaziano

DE Ron'Dell Carter

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Notable guys from other teams I would like on the Browns

Darryl Johnson Jr (Traded to Carolina ☹️

DE/DT Jason Stowbridge

DE/DT Johnathan Ledbetter

DT Montravius Adams 

CB Jimmy Moreland 

OG Alex Redmond

DE Ronald Blair

DE Hamilcar Rashed 

DT Renell Wren

RB Pooka Williams

DE Charles Snowden

TE Alize Mack

OG Ben Braden 

DE Christian Miller

TE Ethan Wolf

TE Jerrell Adams

S James Wiggins 

DE Quincy Roche

DE Derek Rivers

DT Andrew Brown

DE Joe Gaziano

DE Ron'Dell Carter

Hopefully they put a waiver claim in for these guys

15 hours ago, Empire Lies said:

With MJ Stewart Jr. now being classified as a Safety instead of a CB officially on the roster, the Browns no have 5 safeties and 5 CBs. 

While we know MJ is likely to still be seen as providing CB versatility, it now seems that CB becomes a front and center position that Andrew Berry likely seeks to upgrade upon via other cuts or trades along with OLine, DE, and to a lesser extent TE.

Idk, sure, maybe.  I do think we have a really talented group though and it’s not going to be easy to improve upon it via the waiver wire or street FA’s. Who could have imagined saying that a year ago?

I do think it’s possible we snag someone off waivers and put Delpit on the IR for 3 weeks.  Maybe resign Redwine?  No point in rushing him.