53 man roster predictions

candyman93

1 hour ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

yea I just liked hodge as a possible transition from Jarvis when the time comes

Though I don't disagree, we need to be looking forward for when we get rid of our starting two WR's.  I do think Higgins takes over for Landry, DPJ takes over for OBJ and as it stands.  I think we will also draft people and use Schwartz, but man did Davis look good at catching the ball in the pre-season.  I would like to keep him around for the future as well...

Guessing KhaDarel Hodge probably ends up with the Ravens, Lions, or Rams.

With Gustin out, cutting Sheldon Day must mean they are going heavy on oline or in a shocker that Joe Jackson is making the 53. Maybe they have their eye on someone elsewhere. He was too good all offseason to make it through to the PS.

I don't get that cut. 

9 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

Guessing KhaDarel Hodge probably ends up with the Ravens, Lions, or Rams.

With Gustin out, cutting Sheldon Day must mean they are going heavy on oline or in a shocker that Joe Jackson is making the 53. Maybe they have their eye on someone elsewhere. He was too good all offseason to make it through to the PS.

I don't get that cut. 

I think they were always going with 4 DE's.  Joe Jackson or someone similar is making the 53 in my mind.  I would have been very surprised if we kept Day over a 4th DE.  I was disapointed it wasn't Weaver however.  I thought he had the most upside.  Maybe its a cut from another team...

Just now, CBrownsman said:

I think they were always going with 4 DE's.  Joe Jackson or someone similar is making the 53 in my mind.  I would have been very surprised if we kept Day over a 4th DE.  I was disapointed it wasn't Weaver however.  I thought he had the most upside.  Maybe its a cut from another team...

Yeah, they must want a true 4th DE.

I thought Day had better snaps at DE in the last preseason game than Joe Jackson even though Joe did well for himself, but that was against lesser comp. With Jadaveon, Malik,and Myles' inside-outside versatility I was hoping they just would keep the better play in Day (but they might not see him as a better player of course).

It's going to be disappointing if we cut players like KhaDarel, Sheldon, and D'Ernest to keep guys like Billings, Joe Jackson, and Andy Janovich.

Have to think they have their mind on others players elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

Yeah, they must want a true 4th DE.

I thought Day had better snaps at DE in the last preseason game than Joe Jackson even though Joe did well for himself, but that was against lesser comp. With Jadaveon, Malik,and Myles' inside-outside versatility I was hoping they just would keep the better play in Day (but they might not see him as a better player of course).

It's going to be disappointing if we cut players like KhaDarel, Sheldon, and D'Ernest to keep guys like Billings, Joe Jackson, and Andy Janovich.

Have to think they have their mind on others players elsewhere.

Well we Waived Joe Jackson, so I have no idea I guess...

34 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s got better tape than most of these guys in actual games though, and he’s the only true run stuffer we have.

We also don’t save anything by cutting him.

Think the plan is for Togiai to takeover for Billings at some point as the run defense guy. Can always release him later too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zelbell said:

Booooo Andrew Billings...but I never fault a team for carrying extra defensive linemen or DB's to be honest. And Drew Forbes wasn't making the team...also, RIP Redwine in Cleveland. If he couldn't find a way to play last year, he certainly wasn't going to this year.

10 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Well we Waived Joe Jackson, so I have no idea I guess...

Lol. 

I had no thought at all that they would keep 7 LBs just to make sure Jacob Phillips can come back in week 14.

That's a wild one.

They must think he's a critical piece going forward and the late season and playoff reps would be meaningful or he might be needed to step in due to other injuries or as a hedge against Mack Wilson sucking.

4 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

Lol. 

I had no thought at all that they would keep 7 LBs just to make sure Jacob Phillips can come back in week 14.

That's a wild one.

They must think he's a critical piece going forward and the late season and playoff reps would be meaningful or he might be needed to step in due to other injuries or as a hedge against Mack Wilson sucking.

Yeah.

Honestly what worries me about this front office so far is they have yet to drop any of the players they have drafted.

Granted the late round ones seem to have been good! DPJ and Felton they weren't letting go, but its something to watch and be concerned about.

I hope they are willing to admit when a player isn't worth keeping just because we used a 4th or 5th on them...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Yeah.

Honestly what worries me about this front office so far is they have yet to drop any of the players they have drafted.

Granted the late round ones seem to have been good! DPJ and Felton they weren't letting go, but its something to watch and be concerned about.

I hope they are willing to admit when a player isn't worth keeping just because we used a 4th or 5th on them...

I mean, how can you tell if they’re any good right away?  They need to be given some time.

There isnt a single dude who’s been cut that’s anything more than replacement level at this time.  Hopefully we can sign them to the PS.

Andrew Billings, Malcolm Smith, and to a lesser extent Andy Janovich over KhaDarel Hodge is a head scratcher.

Makes some sense from the perspective as many have stated that Hodge was on a 1 year deal and likely wasn't going to see the snaps to justify the salary in the minds of the front office.

Hodge is 26 years old.  He's way more than a replacement player; he's a high quality WR3, special teams ace, locker room value add, and a guy who can be a quality WR2.

Would be an interesting guy to look at in free agency in the event that Andrew Berry decides that the Browns should move on from OBJ and/or Jarvis.