53 man roster predictions

candyman93

Sheldon Day, Jovante Moffat, Porter Gustin, Elijah Lee, Nick Mullens, and JoJo Natson to the Practice Squad are wins.

Curtis Weaver is the JAG king of kings. All the talk of body transformation and more explosiveness and strength I didn't see at all. He's all the bad things that he displayed at Boise State and none of the play ability development. Would rather have Malveaux than Weaver.

Colby Gossett, the biggest loss.  With no OLineman on the Practice Squad, I don't know what rabbit Andrew Berry can pull out of the hat, but they have to find some guys.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Do they get to choose who they sign with on the PS?

Yes, once waived and cleared, players can choose to accept or reject a Practice Squad offer from the waiving team. If they reject it, they can accept a practice squad invite elsewhere.

One of the more famous and hilarious examples of this played out on Hard Knocks when Jeremy McNichols rejected the Bucs practice squad offer in favor of accepting the 49ers practice squad offer. Jason Licht was floored.

Oddly enough, this scenario was how the Browns ended up with Kevin Hogan at QB after John Dorsey cut him in Kansas City and then Hogan rejected KC's practice squad offer and instead accepted the Browns PS offer citing competition and fit reasons.

Edited by Empire Lies
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Empire Lies said:

Yes, once waived, players can choose to accept or reject a Practice Squad offer from the waiving team. If they reject it, they can accept a practice squad invite elsewhere.

One of the more famous and hilarious examples of this played out on Hard Knocks when Jeremy McNichols rejected the Bucs practice squad offer in favor of accepting the 49ers practice squad offer. Jason Licht was floored.

Oddly enough, this scenario was how the Browns ended up with Kevin Hogan at QB after John Dorsey cut him in Kansas City and then Hogan rejected KC's practice squad offer and instead accepted the Browns PS offer citing competition and fit reasons.

I guess it kind of worked out for Hogan, he got to rush for 100 yards vs the Bengals and played a few games. It is amazing what we did to a number of young QBs in a two year stretch, Hogan, Kessler, Kizer. All had some talent, they were all out of the league within 3 seasons. 

15 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I guess it kind of worked out for Hogan, he got to rush for 100 yards vs the Bengals and played a few games. It is amazing what we did to a number of young QBs in a two year stretch, Hogan, Kessler, Kizer. All had some talent, they were all out of the league within 3 seasons. 

The insanity of the roster makeup with Kizer/Kessler era Browns starters being Bryce Treggs, Kenny Britt, Kasen Williams, Sammie Coates, returning from injury Corey Coleman, Ricardo Louis, Spencer Drango, Shon Coleman

Yeah no QB no matter how special would've been able to thrive on those teams. That Kessler, Kizer, and Hogan weren't elite prospects meant they certainly had no chance at all.  Even those of us that believed in Kizer's raw talent knew it would be tragic if he was forced to play his first year.

Edited by Empire Lies

14 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

I'm not sure why you @ both me and @DarnoldTruther but I guess it is what it is. I understand why me.

If he's an OLineman the Texans don't want, then he's probably what the french say is "cheeks de butt."

He looks like an unathletic, slow footed plodder, but he can flip his hips and has some flexibility for cutoff move blocks so I guess at this stage of the offseason on Practice Squad the Browns have to take what they can get and hope he never has to see action or you can find a better option in the near future.

#72 Right Tackle "Senor Cheeks"

Edited by Empire Lies
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 6:45 AM, NateDawg said:

There has really been a void in posters around here willing to watch All 22 film on backup OL. 

I have a feeling that void is soon to be filled.

Now kiss the ring and never leave us again. 

Mhd4ybedL-ipBLjPzTjLHO1XDDYz4WU00CmCwkG0

I knew a guy once that said that one must, "Kiss the Ring and give King Baker your loyalty... He won't extend his hand again..." ... not gonna lie though the King's hands look small so I don't think I can do it. 

New forum Elite/FF-lluminati @NudeTayne grant thee the like react button so I may react to this post thusly.

I mean ... who's wife does a guy have to sleep with around here to get a react button. Please don't tell me it's any of you lots wives, if so I'm definitely strappin up and closing my eyes.

Edited by Empire Lies
  • Like 3

I think we struck Gold with Malik McDowell....but I would have loved to have him on our PS with an eye towards next year....

Has anyone else notice how eerily similar Malik McDowell and Deforest Buckner in terms of size and Athleticism? Not saying that he will be as good as him....just saying they got a lot of the same tools in the Box....

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1