53 man roster predictions

candyman93

14 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I think we struck Gold with Malik McDowell.

Has anyone else notice how eerily similar Malik McDowell and Deforest Buckner in terms of size and Athleticism?

he will be as good as him....just saying

they got a lot of the same tools in the Box.

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think he is going to be like Chris Jones from the Chiefs, an absolute force.  

Great points. McDowell will beast.

27 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

I knew a guy once that said that one must, "Kiss the Ring and give King Baker your loyalty... He won't extend his hand again..." ... not gonna lie though the King's hands look small so I don't think I can do it. 

*files away in Akashic records*

New forum Elite/FF-lluminati @NudeTayne grant thee the like react button so I may react to this post thusly.

Soon, my child. You must learn to walk before you fly.

I mean ... who's wife does a guy have to sleep with around here to get a react button. Please don't tell me it's any of you lots wives, if so I'm definitely strappin up and closing my eyes.

Her. Assume the position.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9524edb284e36725536d

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Soon, my child. You must learn to walk before you fly.

TepidPoliteBaldeagle-size_restricted.gif

11 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I mean ... who's wife does a guy have to sleep with around here to get a react button. Please don't tell me it's any of you lots wives, if so I'm definitely strappin up and closing my eyes.

Her. Assume the position.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9524edb284e36725536d

PoorShockedGadwall-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I think we struck Gold with Malik McDowell....but I would have loved to have him on our PS with an eye towards next year....

Has anyone else notice how eerily similar Malik McDowell and Deforest Buckner in terms of size and Athleticism? Not saying that he will be as good as him....just saying they got a lot of the same tools in the Box....

I noticed.

Did a nice presser. Sounds like he has learned a lot of important life lessons and is ready to go for the gold.

Which is nice for us.😊

• Like 2

One of the differences between Gordon and Malik is we can still play at a high level without Malik. If we get 8 good games out of Mcdowell and then he falls over through injury or personal failing we can move as a team. 

without Gordon our offense in 2015-2017 had very little.  

Thinking about some Random Thoughts about final cuts and signings......MY my my, how our Browns have come along....so MANY of our cuts are on NFL rosters as either Starters (Hodge in Det) or Key Backups (Redwine /s Jets)......but her are some random thoughts....

1. We only get 53 to lock in...then 16 that other teams can get.....

2. DT thoughts......now if WE didnt want Marvin Wilson back...then cool....after we made him the Highest paid UDFA in history, if he turned us down to go to Philly then to quote Smegal: 

tumblr_mkmequQHQ41rnqsa4o1_250.gif

But what softens that blow is that we may have caught lighting in a Bottle with Malik McDowell who was a high second round pick WITH a TON of red flags.....and we got young draft picks that need time.....

3. At safety we lost Sheldrick Redwine.....but our 5th round pick Richard "The Count" LeCount III is an upgrade.....with former 2nd round pick MJ Stewart playing the CB/S role...I think were good here. Also I really thought we might loose Jevante Moffit on a waiver claim....he had a solid preseason. Makes the Redwine loss, not feel so bad. And I cant blame him as he is all of sudden the top backup FS and SS in NY, till the kid from Cali gets back from Injury, then he will still probably be the backup SS.....

4. Loosing Hodge who's been with us working for some seasons, is a bit of a 😔, but I feel me all wish him the best, and if he came back to Cleveland we would Cheer this dude. He will be missed on Special teams, and as an UDFA he worked his way up from the end of the P.S. roster into a NFL player. And we cant be mad going to Detroit, he may be the #2 WR there.....and I see the logic in this as a cost cutting move, and his salary as the #5/#6 WR, with the contracts we have coming up........sad but had to happen, "In Andrew Berry we Trust" (THANK YOU Sashi Brown):

200.gif

(4 Cont) What softens the Blow is Davion Davis....I personally think he was our 2nd best WR in the Preseason (DPJ may be our #1 next year...he was making it look easy...albeit vs backups)...but I for one was thinking Hodge vs Davis is the Battle of Camp.....and when he comes back, I want to see what he can do in a game.....

Every move we've made this Off-season has Rhyme and Reason.........

giphy.gif

thanks-for-coming-thanks-for-coming-to-m

• Like 4

On 8/31/2021 at 5:23 PM, Kiwibrown said:

Hopefully he doesn't end up on the ravens.

We almost could have kept Hodges over Higgins. Higgins is better in his limited role, while Hodges does more and has a higher ceiling

I'm bummed that we cut him.  I would have been more bummed if we cut Higgins.  I feel like on paper Hodge made more sense to keep though because of special teams and blocking.

I hope Schwartz ends up being a contributor down the road since he squeezed Hodge out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Thinking about some Random Thoughts about final cuts and signings......MY my my, how our Browns have come along....so MANY of our cuts are on NFL rosters as either Starters (Hodge in Det) or Key Backups (Redwine /s Jets)......but her are some random thoughts....

1. We only get 53 to lock in...then 16 that other teams can get.....

2. DT thoughts......now if WE didnt want Marvin Wilson back...then cool....after we made him the Highest paid UDFA in history, if he turned us down to go to Philly then to quote Smegal: 

tumblr_mkmequQHQ41rnqsa4o1_250.gif

But what softens that blow is that we may have caught lighting in a Bottle with Malik McDowell who was a high second round pick WITH a TON of red flags.....and we got young draft picks that need time.....

3. At safety we lost Sheldrick Redwine.....but our 5th round pick Richard "The Count" LeCount III is an upgrade.....with former 2nd round pick MJ Stewart playing the CB/S role...I think were good here. Also I really thought we might loose Jevante Moffit on a waiver claim....he had a solid preseason. Makes the Redwine loss, not feel so bad. And I cant blame him as he is all of sudden the top backup FS and SS in NY, till the kid from Cali gets back from Injury, then he will still probably be the backup SS.....

4. Loosing Hodge who's been with us working for some seasons, is a bit of a 😔, but I feel me all wish him the best, and if he came back to Cleveland we would Cheer this dude. He will be missed on Special teams, and as an UDFA he worked his way up from the end of the P.S. roster into a NFL player. And we cant be mad going to Detroit, he may be the #2 WR there.....and I see the logic in this as a cost cutting move, and his salary as the #5/#6 WR, with the contracts we have coming up........sad but had to happen, "In Andrew Berry we Trust" (THANK YOU Sashi Brown):

200.gif

(4 Cont) What softens the Blow is Davion Davis....I personally think he was our 2nd best WR in the Preseason (DPJ may be our #1 next year...he was making it look easy...albeit vs backups)...but I for one was thinking Hodge vs Davis is the Battle of Camp.....and when he comes back, I want to see what he can do in a game.....

Every move we've made this Off-season has Rhyme and Reason.........

giphy.gif

thanks-for-coming-thanks-for-coming-to-m

Great job on the GDT!

12 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I think we struck Gold with Malik McDowell....but I would have loved to have him on our PS with an eye towards next year....

Has anyone else notice how eerily similar Malik McDowell and Deforest Buckner in terms of size and Athleticism? Not saying that he will be as good as him....just saying they got a lot of the same tools in the Box....

I see a cross between Buckner and Jeffery Simmons

12 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think he is going to be like Chris Jones from the Chiefs, an absolute force.  

Not as refined technique wise but I can see that comparison, when he gets technique to his game, there isn't a DT on this roster that will be better than him 

11 hours ago, bruceb said:

I noticed.

Did a nice presser. Sounds like he has learned a lot of important life lessons and is ready to go for the gold.

Which is nice for us.😊

-I hated how the media kept asking about his mom's name and information, what does that have to do with football? 

-Overall, this also looks outstanding on our culture and Andrew Berry if it works out.

• Like 3

All I wanted to walk away from the offseason for the DT position  was to find a legit stud for the future. We all thought it might have come else where but Malik McDowell coming out of left field has been huge. Hopefully he keeps developing because he was a monster this preseason. The scary part truly is, he did all that without the presence of Clowney and Garrett. He could carry that performance into the regular season because of the impact our DEs will make

• Like 3

17 hours ago, buno67 said:

All I wanted to walk away from the offseason for the DT position  was to find a legit stud for the future. We all thought it might have come else where but Malik McDowell coming out of left field has been huge. Hopefully he keeps developing because he was a monster this preseason. The scary part truly is, he did all that without the presence of Clowney and Garrett. He could carry that performance into the regular season because of the impact our DEs will make

I sort of view Clowney and McDowell similarly as in they are hugely disruptive and great at beating their blockers, but not necessarily great at finishing plays.  It seems a lot of Clowney's large double team rate is attributed to the fact that he just ends up colliding into more blockers instead of getting off clean and finishing with a sack.  McDowell also seems to maul the blocker and arrives in an out of control state.  In a front featuring Garrett, McDowell, and Clowney; it might be the 4th rusher and Garrett that benefit the most in terms of sacks.

If we stunt Clowney inside a lot, which seems to have been pretty effective in the past, him and McDowell should annihilate the interior pocket.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I sort of view Clowney and McDowell similarly as in they are hugely disruptive and great at beating their blockers, but not necessarily great at finishing plays.  It seems a lot of Clowney's large double team rate is attributed to the fact that he just ends up colliding into more blockers instead of getting off clean and finishing with a sack.  McDowell also seems to maul the blocker and arrives in an out of control state.  In a front featuring Garrett, McDowell, and Clowney; it might be the 4th rusher and Garrett that benefit the most in terms of sacks.

If we stunt Clowney inside a lot, which seems to have been pretty effective in the past, him and McDowell should annihilate the interior pocket.

Im so excited to see a pocket collapse around mahomes week 1. 

• Like 1