2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

55 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Anyone else have a feeling that if we don’t trade for Watson that we will probably trade up to make sure we get Willis?

I feel they will, but I also feel they shouldn’t, if that makes any sense. I don’t think any of the QBs are worth trading up for in this draft. We just take the best qb available at 11 unless we’re able to get Watson. 

5 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

As much as I hope we take Willis because his tools and his personality I think is the same reason I have a feeling about Ridder and his growth potential. I think Ridder with talent around him early if he gains confidence and wins early and learns to elevate and use his tools he can be a good player. Like the is true development potential. 

I agree.  I think Ridder is being overlooked.  I think he has as high of ceiling as any of them.  He is a very good athlete.  He has an arm.  He needs to work on some fundamentals to improve his consistency but in some ways I think he has shown a great deal more consistency than a guy like Willis.  He also has good size which is one aspect you can't improve upon.  If we are evaluating these prospects against each other he has less flaws than most and more potential.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I was never interested in him from the start, but I guess it depends. Is he going for a 2nd rounder? 

He looked awful when he played.  Also I think he only has 2 years left on his rookie contract.  I’d offer a 4th. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Anyone else have a feeling that if we don’t trade for Watson that we will probably trade up to make sure we get Willis?

Of course. That may have been plan A all along. The way Rivera talks about Willis was like a kid in a candy store. He tried to mask how excited he was but it was clear. He is (probably) their top QB target. 

28 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Of course. That may have been plan A all along. The way Rivera talks about Willis was like a kid in a candy store. He tried to mask how excited he was but it was clear. He is (probably) their top QB target. 

I just cannot fathom giving up multiple first round picks to move up to pick Willis. I’d much rather sit at 11 and take Corral or Howell. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I just cannot fathom giving up multiple first round picks to move up to pick Willis. I’d much rather sit at 11 and take Corral or Howell. 

But if he pans out which who knows but if he did would you care?