2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I bet we go RB in the second round. I see Gibson moving into McKissicks role. 

There’s really not a guy but I could see it they want to pound teams and be able to throw to the backs. We need top level talent period. Too many role players we need some stars. But being tough in the trenches allows your stars to shine. OL would improve the running game more then bringing in a back that at this point I wonder how much more value that offers then what we have currently. This isn’t a strong class there

Edited by ripsean21

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

This team needs an elite level OL on the roster. I wouldn’t be in a hurry to get rid of Brandon. 

Yeah, I have to say...our record with and without him is pretty staggering. He is not an impenetrable wall, but damn the offense seems to work a whole lot better with him in there.

• Like 1

Just now, e16bball said:

Yeah, I have to say...our record with and without him is pretty staggering. He is not an impenetrable wall, but damn the offense seems to work a whole lot better with him in there.

Eventually we have to play our top level players and stop wondering why we can’t build the top levels of this roster when we don’t. This isn’t the time to let the best players we have walk. To build the overall value of the roster eventually you have to stop tearing it down. I know they’ve chose to not sign a long term deal to date. But we need to build a OL that we can develop a system around. Good teams have good OL’s. Removing Brandon and we cripple this OL. Not only should we not do that but get another bright player to fight with him. This team will always lack identity and fail to develop QB’s without a having a contender on the OL

I know people in several places got hype with a win streak with Heinicke, but we need to not be kidding ourselves. He's aggressively average and you cannot rely on him to come back in games or to win from behind. He doesn't have the arm strength, and he doesn't seem to have the ability to go on that consecutive completions run that you need sometimes. I'm not sorry for this.

Not in a position to get Corral now, which sucks, not in a position for Pickett either whom I would have loved. It's the next tier, then or make a run at Russell Wilson. This team can do great things with Russ.

• Like 1

This class at QB reminds me so much of 2014. Carson Strong has the Bortles skill set and smaller program and mobility.

Kenny Pickett has Teddy Bridgewaters hands and Pre knee injury mobility.

Matt Coral has like some of that Johnny Football swag. I’m not talking about off the field stuff but he had a college gimmicky system and really good playmakers. But he had a fire that showed he would compete.

Sam Howell Jimmy G. Both just couldn’t take the next step but plus level arms plus level legs streaky players.

To be fair Logan Thomas was the best QB drafted and he’s a stud TE. So to make my point to the topic Malik Willis will be the best QB drafted this class in the Cordarrell Patterson/ Taysom Hill role 🤣🤣🤣

On 12/4/2021 at 4:50 PM, ripsean21 said:

He uses his base and size and length to run guy out of plays. He’s not super athletic so speed guys if he leans into them can stutter rip him into them to the side and burst. Just something I’ve seen done with success but he is very good. He’s a really solid football player but I think the NCST T/G is the best I’ve seen since Nelson’s tape.

Are you talking about the Nigerian guy from NC St. Can't remember his African name but I saw him make some impressive blocks in one game this. He seems kind of nasty to. 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 6:15 PM, JoshstraDaymus said:

I know people in several places got hype with a win streak with Heinicke, but we need to not be kidding ourselves. He's aggressively average and you cannot rely on him to come back in games or to win from behind. He doesn't have the arm strength, and he doesn't seem to have the ability to go on that consecutive completions run that you need sometimes. I'm not sorry for this.

Not in a position to get Corral now, which sucks, not in a position for Pickett either whom I would have loved. It's the next tier, then or make a run at Russell Wilson. This team can do great things with Russ.

I’ll just throw this out there. I don’t think Corral is going very high and I do think we’ll have a shot at him. I also don’t see this season ending in the playoffs. The team is far too beat up so I think we end up picking around 10 or so. I still believe Howell is the best of the bunch talent-wise but I think we’ll end up with Corral. He matches to what they like to do and I think they’d be willing to move up for him if need be. 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 12:30 AM, 4209 said:

Are you talking about the Nigerian guy from NC St. Can't remember his African name but I saw him make some impressive blocks in one game this. He seems kind of nasty to. 

Yeah. This guy is nasty. I just think we can seriously improve this OL. I don’t think the OL is bad. I think the coaches do a heck of a job. But we need another premier talent on the OL if we’re going to consistently run the ball and protect the QB. While our OL grades out well. When we go up against defenses with premier front 7’s you see a huge difference. I think the thing about this team is we have enough talent to stay in any game and win half of them. I think we’ve won to many games to get him. But there are so many OL players I do like. Penning is a stud. A smaller school guy. 

But it’s time to build. Under Snyder Allen and honestly to date with Rivera there is like this oh this player was drafted under this regime let them go. We will never build like this. Snyder traded Champ. Allen wouldn’t trade Kirk for multiple firsts to Kyle because he’s just honestly the most disgusting football human I’ve ever seen. And Ron got rid of Kyle Smith. But we can not let Brandon walk. He is our only premier talent on the OL outside of Cosmi and he like many rookie OL has to learn how to prep and take care of his body at this level. Roulier is a good player. The issue with this team is we have a lot of depth. So when guys get hurt we’re not falling off the cliff. That’s because we’re drafting and developing.

So in two years we have gone from rebuild to build up. That is a positive. The players are playing hard for Ron. Again positive. Good teams find themselves against the cap. Good teams keep their rosters together. Sign Schreff. Extend Terry and extend Payne. Same thing you did with Allen. Lock him up. Payne is only getting better. Anyone saying we have Settle, Matt, whoever look at games. Payne gets push every play. He’s a tank against the run. We didn’t spend firsts on Matt or Settle. Payne and Allen are the reason without Sweat and Chase we’ve stayed in games. This interior DL has been more disruptive then the DE’s. It’s time to build around the talent we’ve developed and add to it. It would be stupid to let Brandon Walk and then just make a lateral at best move and draft a OL player who maybe could be better but probably takes time to even get close to Brandon if ever. But you add a OL with Brandon Cosmi and a healthy Chase I think that’s a OL that can keep your identity week in and week out. Then whenever you go to get YOUR QB however draft trade trade up in the draft you can develop him because he will have protection and a consistent run game and a tough defense. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Yeah. This guy is nasty. I just think we can seriously improve this OL. I don’t think the OL is bad. I think the coaches do a heck of a job. But we need another premier talent on the OL if we’re going to consistently run the ball and protect the QB. While our OL grades out well. When we go up against defenses with premier front 7’s you see a huge difference. I think the thing about this team is we have enough talent to stay in any game and win half of them. I think we’ve won to many games to get him. But there are so many OL players I do like. Penning is a stud. A smaller school guy. 

But it’s time to build. Under Snyder Allen and honestly to date with Rivera there is like this oh this player was drafted under this regime let them go. We will never build like this. Snyder traded Champ. Allen wouldn’t trade Kirk for multiple firsts to Kyle because he’s just honestly the most disgusting football human I’ve ever seen. And Ron got rid of Kyle Smith. But we can not let Brandon walk. He is our only premier talent on the OL outside of Cosmi and he like many rookie OL has to learn how to prep and take care of his body at this level. Roulier is a good player. The issue with this team is we have a lot of depth. So when guys get hurt we’re not falling off the cliff. That’s because we’re drafting and developing.

So in two years we have gone from rebuild to build up. That is a positive. The players are playing hard for Ron. Again positive. Good teams find themselves against the cap. Good teams keep their rosters together. Sign Schreff. Extend Terry and extend Payne. Same thing you did with Allen. Lock him up. Payne is only getting better. Anyone saying we have Settle, Matt, whoever look at games. Payne gets push every play. He’s a tank against the run. We didn’t spend firsts on Matt or Settle. Payne and Allen are the reason without Sweat and Chase we’ve stayed in games. This interior DL has been more disruptive then the DE’s. It’s time to build around the talent we’ve developed and add to it. It would be stupid to let Brandon Walk and then just make a lateral at best move and draft a OL player who maybe could be better but probably takes time to even get close to Brandon if ever. But you add a OL with Brandon Cosmi and a healthy Chase I think that’s a OL that can keep your identity week in and week out. Then whenever you go to get YOUR QB however draft trade trade up in the draft you can develop him because he will have protection and a consistent run game and a tough defense. 

Scherff is always injured.  He is not the best guard in the game.  If you continue to pay him like that we will not be able to keep other players.  He is much more replaceable.  I never noticed him gone with Schweitzer in.  You need to know when to move on.  That time was last year.  He had 2 years now to sign long term and didn't want to.  We can't pay him 17-18M a year.  He is not getting younger and more healthy.

• Like 1