Fantasy Football 2021

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Thanks, have a waiver claim in on him right now.

I cant believe the season hasnt even started and Im already scrambling for RB depth. With Dobbins gone, having to rely for a full 16 games on Chubb/Gaskin with McKissic/Coleman/Stevenson as my depth bloooooooooows. 

If Chubb/Gaskin go down at any point I am beyond screwed

Yeah I know what you mean 3 RBs are already done for the season and it hasnt even started yet, That severely diminishes the talent pool already, But the RB is such a volatile position its crazy the top 10 finishing RBs last year for the last couple weeks is not what youd expect.

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

Yeah I know what you mean 3 RBs are already done for the season and it hasnt even started yet, That severely diminishes the talent pool already, But the RB is such a volatile position its crazy the top 10 finishing RBs last year for the last couple weeks is not what youd expect.

Oh yeah, well I have 200 FAB so the first time a starter goes down--guess who is blowing 100+ FAB on their backup lol This guy.

Either that or I can hope Stevenson usurps Damian Harris and turns into a fantasy darling this year. 

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Oh yeah, well I have 200 FAB so the first time a starter goes down--guess who is blowing 100+ FAB on their backup lol This guy.

Either that or I can hope Stevenson usurps Damian Harris and turns into a fantasy darling this year. 

I can see a path where, independent of Harris, Stevenson ends up having FLEX-worthy value this year, but Belichick doesn't often talk up players... and he was talking up Damian Harris dating back to last year.  If/when Mack Jones ends up as the starter and Cam's no longer a threat to dominate the goal-line carries, Harris is going to EAT in a LeGarrette Blount kind of way (for the record, for those that don't remember, Blount was putting up mid-to-low RB2 numbers in PPR leagues as a 2-down RB).

4 hours ago, 101Raider said:

I don’t think it’s crazy at all.  I expected Dobbins and Gus to be in basically 55/45 timeshare. Gus is a really, really good RB (though Dobbins was exceptional and had the potential chance based on his talent to be talked about as one of the best). 

With Dobbins out, Gus’ share of the pie gets exponentially bigger.   Can’t think of anyone viable out there (assuming no trade) that would supplant Gus. I think he’s going to have a fantastic season and well worth a 3rd/4th round investment.

Only one I can think of, and even then I wouldn't expect him to bed in immediate (he probably would take 2-3 weeks before entrenching) would be Latavius Murray if he's either cut (or I could see the Saints elect to trade him cheap if they were willing to cut him and found a team willing to take on his ~$3m salary).  Maybe David Johnson if Houston goes full-on fire sale and decides to wave the white flag right out the gate (but I don't think even Mark Ingram would walk back into a 50% share of carries if he were cut, and he already has familiarity with the team).

That said, I feel safe in assuming both are already rostered in your league.

With regard to the Baltimore RB situation, and this is purely speculative on my part (i.e. I haven't looked at the Ravens financial situation), but a situation I can very much see happening and worth monitoring for a possible mid-season trade opportunity for folks:  If the Ravens are looking strong as per usual, keep an eye peeled as to when Denver finally pulls the trigger on making Javonte Williams the lead back.  Melvin Gordon still doesn't possess a lick of vision when it comes to running the ball, but he can follow a lead blocker like nobody's business; and he could definitely be a contract the Broncos would be happy to unload and recoup anything of consequence for the 2022 draft prior to the deadline.  His contract is up after this season so Denver would be basically treating it like a comp pick (which for a 28-year-old-RB they wouldn't be counting on getting anyway) that returned value a year early.  Gordon already knows the blocking scheme (Joe D'Alessandris who used to be the Chargers' OL coach is the OL coach in Baltimore now).  And Patrick Ricard is better (IMO) than any FB that Gordon has had since Wisconsin.

Just kind of something to bury in the Rolodex as a possibility for people with deep bench slots (if/when Gordon gets dropped by an overzealous owner when Javonte ascends) or as a cheap-as-dirt (like last guy on your bench) speculative trade-target for when Javonte ascends and the Gordon owner is trying to figure out what the hell to do.  Best case scenario is the owner who rostered both, because he'll feel less reason to hold onto Gordon once Javonte becomes "the guy" than pretty much anyone else.

Edited by Dr LBC

So we do first 8 and last 8 round keepers 1 from each set. We give up the pick they were selected at the previous year to keep them. So Jk Dobbins was going to be my keeper at pick 49 now my only other option to keep is Jeudy at 64. I’d imagine his ADP is lower than that though and I probably shouldn’t keep him at that ADP?

Also still Ayiuk at pick 97 to keep or Shenault at 112?

I'm doing my auction draft tonight and wondering what peoples strategies are?  Do you prefer blowing a bunch on 2 or 3 studs and filling in with cheap guys or going the route of maybe not having a 1st or early 2nd round type talent but having more late 2-4th rd talent and having better depth?  Or do you just wait and see and if someone is cheap you jump and go from there? 

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

So we do first 8 and last 8 round keepers 1 from each set. We give up the pick they were selected at the previous year to keep them. So Jk Dobbins was going to be my keeper at pick 49 now my only other option to keep is Jeudy at 64. I’d imagine his ADP is lower than that though and I probably shouldn’t keep him at that ADP?

Also still Ayiuk at pick 97 to keep or Shenault at 112?

I don't think that is bad value for Juedy (72 ADP) and I wouldn't feel awful keeping him if you have to keep someone. I think he outperforms his ADP this year anyways so I may be biased. 

Also I would keep Ayiuk (64 adp) for a slightly higher price than Shenault (107 ADP). 

I think having those 2 and being able to focus on RB and TE early would be a solid start to a team. Still need a WR1 but they are both solid WR2s IMO. 

13 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I don't think that is bad value for Juedy (72 ADP) and I wouldn't feel awful keeping him if you have to keep someone. I think he outperforms his ADP this year anyways so I may be biased. 

Also I would keep Ayiuk (64 adp) for a slightly higher price than Shenault (107 ADP). 

I think having those 2 and being able to focus on RB and TE early would be a solid start to a team. Still need a WR1 but they are both solid WR2s IMO. 

I have pick 1 and it’s only an 8 team league 

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

I have pick 1 and it’s only an 8 team league 

Solid.  I am guessing some of the 1st round RBs will be gone.  And 8 team leagues everyone is stacked so hard to tell which team is good but still, you have two guys in the 60-75 range that will likely fill in the end of your starters. 

I'm currently holding onto Watson but just through the week or so.

Who should I pick up?

Devontae Booker

Tevin Coleman

Boston Scott

Kalen Ballage

Darrel Williams

Chuba Hubbard

Parrish Campbell

Terrace Marshall Jr

Russell Gage

PPR with .5 per carry.

1. (3) Stefon Diggs (Buf - WR)
2. (22) Antonio Gibson (Was - RB)
3. (27) Amari Cooper (Dal - WR)
4. (46) Cooper Kupp (LAR - WR)
5. (51) Mike Davis (Atl - RB)
6. (70) T.J. Hockenson (Det - TE)
7. (75) Jalen Hurts (Phi - QB)
8. (94) Antonio Brown (TB - WR)
9. (99) Sony Michel (LAR - RB)
10. (118) Fred Warner (SF - LB)
11. (123) AJ Dillon (GB - RB)
12. (142) Gus Edwards (Bal - RB)
13. (147) Vonn Bell (Cin - S)
14. (166) San Francisco (SF - DEF)
15. (171) Harrison Butker (KC - K)
16. (190) Jordan Fuller (LAR - S)
17. (195) Chuba Hubbard (Car - RB)
18. (214) Tremaine Edmunds (Buf - LB)

^My current team. I did have Hubbard initially. 

I was offered Mike Davis, RB for Mike Thomas, WR... I have MT. Thoughts? I went WR heavy due to value in a 10 team, .5 PPR and could use some help. 

QB : Josh Allen

RB : Josh Jacobs, Damien Harris

WR : D. Adams, DK Metcalf, J. Jefferson.

Bench : Callaway, Mike Thomas, Singletary, James White

I obviously need the RB depth but I think I'd start Jacobs/Harris over Mike Davis. Do I swap MT for Davis to get some RB depth? Or play the long game with the (2) guys I have now and trade Mike Thomas for a much better RB once return to the lineup?

15 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

I was offered Mike Davis, RB for Mike Thomas, WR... I have MT. Thoughts? I went WR heavy due to value in a 10 team, .5 PPR and could use some help. 

QB : Josh Allen

RB : Josh Jacobs, Damien Harris

WR : D. Adams, DK Metcalf, J. Jefferson.

Bench : Callaway, Mike Thomas, Singletary, James White

I obviously need the RB depth but I think I'd start Jacobs/Harris over Mike Davis. Do I swap MT for Davis to get some RB depth? Or play the long game with the (2) guys I have now and trade Mike Thomas for a much better RB once return to the lineup?

I'd do it. MT may or may not be back in six weeks. I rather have someone who can play now then carrying dead weight.

I'd start Davis over Jacobs.

10 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Almost every league has IR slots. Putting Michael Thomas in that slot is worth your while. I’d rather have guys who have the potential to be elite than someone who is a borderline starter at best. 

Agreed IR makes the difference.

Would anyone rather have Gus Edwards or James Robinson full ppr?