2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

11 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I was thinking 1yr, 9-12m.  Or 2y,20 with only a small guaranteed 2nd year in case it doesn’t work out.

here is question..

DJ chark and another WR, power in numbers approach.. or 1 big Godwin type signing. as well as renfrow resigning

Chark and JuJu

or

A-Rob/Godwin type wr.. 

fun question

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

22. Trayvon Walker | DL | Georgia

53. John Metchie | WR | Alabama

86. Andrew Stueber | OT | Michigan

122. Cade Mayes | OG | Tennessee 

162. Troy Anderson | LB | Montana State

163. Isaac Taylor-Stuart | CB | USC

I have watched Troy Anderson all season. Non-stop motor also plays on offense when needed.

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Love Travon Walker. Can play all over the DL. Would rather have him than Davis.

I'm not sold on Walker. I don't see stand out quickness or strength. I think he is a couple seasons away from being a player. I think the comp for him is a Charles Omenihu-type. Raiders need guys who can contribute asap.

5 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

If someone like Tee Higgins is who we want then look no further than Justyn Ross. He is a year separated from a terrible injury. Last year was clearly rusty. And had terrible QB play. But up until the injury was better than Higgins in the same system. Biggest thing is he can be had later in the draft. Another off-season of healing and he could be trouble.

Yeah DJ is one of the worst QB's I've ever seen, Ross might be a steal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

here is question..

DJ chark and another WR, power in numbers approach.. or 1 big Godwin type signing. as well as renfrow resigning

Chark and JuJu

or

A-Rob/Godwin type wr.. 

fun question

Considering that Nelly just got $13M, I think Chark and JuJu will both be seeking around the same type of deal. With Robinson likely getting around $16-17M and Godwin getting between $18-20M. 

We've had success in the past going after guys that were somewhat afterthoughts in guys like Crabtree and Nelly. 

I wouldn't personally want to pay Godwin big money with all of the other extensions we have on the horizon. So if we're talking strictly free agency I'd probably go after DJ Chark on like a 2 yr/$24M deal and MSV on a 1 yr/$5M deal. Get two 6'4 WR with legit 4.3 speed.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Considering that Nelly just got $13M, I think Chark and JuJu will both be seeking around the same type of deal. With Robinson likely getting around $16-17M and Godwin getting between $18-20M. 

We've had success in the past going after guys that were somewhat afterthoughts in guys like Crabtree and Nelly. 

I wouldn't personally want to pay Godwin big money with all of the other extensions we have on the horizon. So if we're talking strictly free agency I'd probably go after DJ Chark on like a 2 yr/$24M deal and MSV on a 1 yr/$5M deal. Get two 6'4 WR with legit 4.3 speed.

i like lazard better i think.. but power in numbers could work.. especially if waller and renfrow come back.

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Lazard is pretty much Bryan Edwards, a big bodied possession WR. MSV is a burner/field stretcher. 

Actually think edwards can still take a step foward next year and be a 700-850 yard wr which would be great if we add a stud on outside. 

sign chark, draft burks.. call it a day. :)

that saves us money for cb or RT then draft the one u dont sign.

31 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Actually think edwards can still take a step foward next year and be a 700-850 yard wr which would be great if we add a stud on outside. 

sign chark, draft burks.. call it a day. :)

that saves us money for cb or RT then draft the one u dont sign.

Sign Chark, draft Dotson...

I'd prefer not going into the draft with an obvious glaring need, at least sign some vets at both spots for competition.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Lazard is pretty much Bryan Edwards, a big bodied possession WR. MSV is a burner/field stretcher. 

Lazard is better than both Edwards and MVS. I think Lazard is more similar to Michael Pittman. He is a big guy buy moves very well for his size and hands tremendous hands. But, I would want to stay away from both for different reasons. Lazard for his vaccination status and MVS for his hands.

2 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Lazard is better than both Edwards and MVS. I think Lazard is more similar to Michael Pittman. He is a big guy buy moves very well for his size and hands tremendous hands. But, I would want to stay away from both for different reasons. Lazard for his vaccination status and MVS for his hands.

vaccination status should have no place in signing anyone. honestly thats silly. Richard helped us just fine