2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I could see them going heavy on OL in free agency as well. Morgan Moses is someone that they're likely familiar with as he played with the Jets last year at RT. Ted Karras (Patriots LG) is also a free agent. 

Add those two: Miller - Karras - James - Good - Moses 

Leatherwood will be playing on that oline some where. 

Just now, dante9876 said:

McDaniels and the new staff have zero commitment to Leatherwood just like Gus Bradley had zero commitment to guys like Ferrell/Arnette and Gruden had zero commitment to guys like Joseph/Cooper.

48 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Wouldn’t mind Leatherwood at LG and Good at RG

This was the same thing I was thinking about with Parker.  I wish they would have tried him there if they were not going to keep him as a LT.  He is similar to Leatherwood in that he has footwork tendencies that are for the left side.  Leatherwood being a year 2 1st round pick will probably get first crack if they are smart enough to move them to the left.

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

This was the same thing I was thinking about with Parker.  I wish they would have tried him there if they were not going to keep him as a LT.  He is similar to Leatherwood in that he has footwork tendencies that are for the left side.  Leatherwood being a year 2 1st round pick will probably get first crack if they are smart enough to move them to the left.

I think the whole left side/right side thing is a myth. Parker has been a right tackle for 4 seasons, and he still isn't good. Orlando Brown Jr. switched sides with no issue. Sam Cosmi, a rookie who played left at Texas, was one of the better right tackles when healthy. Penei Sewell, too.

There might be growing pains when switching sides, but a player should adapt sooner that later.

16 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I think the whole left side/right side thing is a myth. Parker has been a right tackle for 4 seasons, and he still isn't good. Orlando Brown Jr. switched sides with no issue. Sam Cosmi, a rookie who played left at Texas, was one of the better right tackles when healthy. Penei Sewell, too.

There might be growing pains when switching sides, but a player should adapt sooner that later.

In the NFL it's usually not physical but a mental thing.

Parker in my opinion is just too soft he's to timid for the NFL.  Leatherwood is just in over his head as a starter in the NFL. If the game slows down for him heshould improve a lot going into the second season.

11 hours ago, dante9876 said:

I don’t understand the level of hate Leatherwood is getting from some people here.  It’s extreme.  Yeah he had issues but they make it seem like he was absolutely physically dominated constantly.  He’s got things to clean up but is definitely very talented, especially for a G.  There’s zero chance in my mind he won’t be starting next year.  I think he’ll be a pretty good G for us next season.