2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

6 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Might want to look at his other athletic numbers.  Not saying he will be a beast but you can not just go off of 40.  `Renfrow ran a 4.6 but he plays with great game speed with great change of direction.  There are not any LBs that are going to stay with Renfrow 1 v 1 for very long.

Yeah Chad Johnson or Ochocinco whatever ran 4.5s and he was a tough cover. Even on go routes.

33 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

Yeah Chad Johnson or Ochocinco whatever ran 4.5s and he was a tough cover. Even on go routes.

Yeah, everyone harps way too hard on Underwear Olympics speed. 

Some guys are FAST but not game fast. Some guys are game fast, but not Underwear Olympics fast. 

If a guy runs a 4.5, he's a fast person. If a 6'5 guy runs a 4.5 without pads, and still manages a 4.5-4.6 with pads, he's plenty fast. 

I really don't get the fetish for 4.3 speed. It doesn't routinely translate all that great, and so many guys who are straight speedsters don't run very good routes or improve from college where they could win on pure speed alone. 

Cooper Kupp ran a 4.62

Davante Adams ran a 4.56

Keenan Allen ran a 4.56

Robert Woods ran a 4.51

Brandon Aiyuk ran a 4.5

Amon-Ra St. Brown ran a 4.51

Allen Robinson ran a 4.6

Mike Evans ran a 4.54

Juju Smith-Schuster ran a 4.54

Courtland Sutton ran a 4.54

I could go on and on about the guys I think virtually everyone would agree are good-great WRs we would gladly take at 22 were they available in this draft that didn't crack 4.5. And the list of guys who just barely cracked it, including Larry Fitzgerald, AJ Green, etc, is even longer. 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 10:36 PM, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah, everyone harps way too hard on Underwear Olympics speed. 

Some guys are FAST but not game fast. Some guys are game fast, but not Underwear Olympics fast. 

If a guy runs a 4.5, he's a fast person. If a 6'5 guy runs a 4.5 without pads, and still manages a 4.5-4.6 with pads, he's plenty fast. 

I really don't get the fetish for 4.3 speed. It doesn't routinely translate all that great, and so many guys who are straight speedsters don't run very good routes or improve from college where they could win on pure speed alone. 

Cooper Kupp ran a 4.62

Davante Adams ran a 4.56

Keenan Allen ran a 4.56

Robert Woods ran a 4.51

Brandon Aiyuk ran a 4.5

Amon-Ra St. Brown ran a 4.51

Allen Robinson ran a 4.6

Mike Evans ran a 4.54

Juju Smith-Schuster ran a 4.54

Courtland Sutton ran a 4.54

I could go on and on about the guys I think virtually everyone would agree are good-great WRs we would gladly take at 22 were they available in this draft that didn't crack 4.5. And the list of guys who just barely cracked it, including Larry Fitzgerald, AJ Green, etc, is even longer. 

Teams are starting to time in game speed and use the 40 to justify

It would appear that every type of WR is represented at a high level this year in the draft.

Out of curiosity, who is everyone’s #1 receiver, specifically for the Raiders.

For this particular question, let’s simply pretend that the Raiders are forced to pick one at 23, they’re the 1st team to select a wr and no major changes have been done at this time (I.e. Carr is still around and no FA WR was signed or expected to be signed)

49 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

If anyone cares, as of right now my top WR is Treylon Burks.

He feels like the total package to me.  Ht/Wt/Speed combo, excellent hands and a monster with the ball. Can be our own version of Deebo/AJB/DK.

I care and I am right there with you. Let's drive this train! 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I care and I am right there with you. Let's drive this train! 

I believe all the top WRs fit a need but Burks is probably the #1  By the time the draft roles around this could be different but right now I would go Burks also.  Injuries to London and Williams make the choice a lot easier.  Burks would give us a legitimate red zone threat at WR.  He will probably end up becoming what we hoped Bryan Edwards would develop into.

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

i dont see Burks being there at 22

I don't either, but with all the talent at WRs who knows what happens on draft day.

Besides, I'm honestly surprised that Burks has been the unanimous pick so far by our team forum.   With so many varying skillsets between the top guys, I figured there'd be a little more variety as to what our fans are looking for TBH.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

I don't either, but with all the talent at WRs who knows what happens on draft day.

Besides, I'm honestly surprised that Burks has been the unanimous pick so far by our team forum.   With so many varying skillsets between the top guys, I figured there'd be a little more variety as to what our fans are looking for TBH.

IMO Burks is the exact type of receiver that rises because of the draft process but it may allow us to get someone like Jamison Williams who may fall because he's not gonna be able to do anything during the draft process

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 101Raider said:

Its because he is the type of WR we have been missing for years.  I also think a few people on here do not want to go back to the Alabama group.

5 hours ago, 101Raider said:

If anyone cares, as of right now my top WR is Treylon Burks.

He feels like the total package to me.  Ht/Wt/Speed combo, excellent hands and a monster with the ball. Can be our own version of Deebo/AJB/DK.

I'm really high on bring Nelson Agholor back he's a bust in NE because of the QB and 11 million isn't bad. Hopefully Edwards could develop this year and the Raiders will be just fine at the spot.

• Like 1