2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think we are going keep Leatherwood at RT and try to develop him. Rookie tackles usually suck, and Cable did him no favors. Good will be back at RG. I could see us draft a guard to replace Richie. Simpson is meh and the Bears guy is solid depth. 

I can't see the Bears guy making the roster he is terrible.

15 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Quick mock before I go to work.  I would be happy.

Abraham Lucas

OT Washington State

Chris Hinton

DT Michigan

Jamaree Salyer

OG Georgia

Otito Ogbonnia

DT UCLA

Derion Kendrick

CB Georgia

I’d love Lucas but I think he’s a early mid 2nd guy

10 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

I can't see the Bears guy making the roster he is terrible.

I think he makes it as interior line depth. Our OL depth sucks so I think he makes it. Just be default of having starting experience at guard and can play center. So he will have dual responsibilities of backup guard and center. I think our depth will be the following 

• LT- Parker
  • LG- Simpson or UDFA
  • C/RG- Bears guy 
  • RT- Eluemunor

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think he makes it as interior line depth. Our OL depth sucks so I think he makes it. Just be default of having starting experience at guard and can play center. So he will have dual responsibilities of backup guard and center. I think our depth will be the following 

• LT- Parker
  • LG- Simpson or UDFA
  • C/RG- Bears guy 
  • RT- Eluemunor

His name will forever be "Bears Guy."  I will call him by no other names, once I know who he is.

8 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I think we will trade a 2023 first for a 2nd this year.

Teams with two 2nd rounders

NYJ, #35,38

SEA, #40,41

CHI, #39,48

That would be ridiculous.  I hope we don't trade our first for next year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

• LT- Parker
  • LG- Simpson or UDFA
  • C/RG- Bears guy 
  • RT- Eluemunor

Don't forget Good, with Eluemunor also able to play gaurd.   He makes the practice squad to be back up center at most. He'll make Simpson look all Pro. 

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I think we will trade a 2023 first for a 2nd this year.

Teams with two 2nd rounders

NYJ, #35,38

SEA, #40,41

CHI, #39,48

I could see us going for Lions 32nd pick.  Offer them next year's 1st and maybe a low value pick. Sell it as we most likely won't we the sub so it'll be a higher value pick then the one they're giving up. 

Maybe throw in Edwards and get a receiver with it or get our number 2 outside guy in round 3

39 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I would hope not 

It would depend who's on the board in that 35 to 40 range but its clear to me we are going to push for a deep play off run and if they extend Waller and Renfrow the offense will have a 3 year window together atleast. So why not add a stud player if they fall.

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I would hope not 

I know that would be a very bad move IMO. No offense is meant towards raidr4life, I’m just commenting on the Purposed trade idea.  

if we wanted a 2nd rounder this year we would have given GB 1sts in ‘22 and ‘23.  

From a fan perspective I’m not happy about waiting until #86 But it’s what needs to happen.  

2 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

I could see us going for Lions 32nd pick.  Offer them next year's 1st and maybe a low value pick. Sell it as we most likely won't we the sub so it'll be a higher value pick then the one they're giving up. 

Maybe throw in Edwards and get a receiver with it or get our number 2 outside guy in round 3

Absolutely no way Detroit does that.  Detroit isn’t going to take 60 cents on the dollar in that trade.

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I know that would be a very bad move IMO. No offense is meant towards raidr4life, I’m just commenting on the Purposed trade idea.  

[b]if we wanted a 2nd rounder this year we would have given GB 1sts in ‘22 and ‘23.[/b]  

From a fan perspective I’m not happy about waiting until #86 But it’s what needs to happen.  

Not really, we would go as cheap as possible like we actually did, and that's what left us with an option to trade next years 1st if a player drops that the brass really likes. All I'm saying it's possible especially if we going all in the offense is set up for atleast a 3 year run.  Maybe Devonte Wyatt or Trevor Penning make it to 40 they would help this team right away do you think about it?