2022 Draft Talk

swede700

5 minutes ago, viking said:

Who do you have going 1-11? 

Washington NYJx2 NYGx2, ATL and Seattle I can see taking him 

There’s plenty of teams that could take him, the question is will they? 

The NFL just doesn’t usually view safeties as valuable enough to take in the top 10. In the last 10 drafts, only two safeties have been drafted in the top 10. Jamaal Adams, and Mark Barron. And Mark Barron has always been seen as a linebacker in the NFL. 

And recently, we’ve seen great safety prospects fall out of the top 10. Even guys like Derwin James and Minkah Fitzpatrick who were widely viewed as top 10 locks during the pre draft process. 

So, the lack of position value, plus Hamilton’s less than stellar showing at the combine, and he’s a prime candidate to slip in the draft. 

As for who I have going 1-11, I have no idea yet. But I do know that there will be 1-2 players that everyone projects as a top 10 pick fall out of the top ten, and there will be 1-2 players get drafted in the top 10 that most people didn’t see coming. 

Just now, SemperFeist said:

The NFL just doesn’t usually view safeties as valuable enough to take in the top 10. In the last 10 drafts, only two safeties have been drafted in the top 10. Jamaal Adams, and Mark Barron. And Mark Barron has always been seen as a linebacker in the NFL. 

And recently, we’ve seen great safety prospects fall out of the top 10. Even guys like Derwin James and Minkah Fitzpatrick who were widely viewed as top 10 locks during the pre draft process. 

So, the lack of position value, plus Hamilton’s less than stellar showing at the combine, and he’s a prime candidate to slip in the draft. 

As for who I have going 1-11, I have no idea yet. But I do know that there will be 1-2 players that everyone projects as a top 10 pick fall out of the top ten, and there will be 1-2 players get drafted in the top 10 that most people didn’t see coming. 

Who do you have going 1-11 for him to fall to 12 though?

If all the top corners are gone at 12 I'd rather take a WR over him at 12

Just now, SemperFeist said:

I literally gave you my answer to that question in the post you quoted. 

If he's there at 12 I can see the Vikings drafting Aiden Hutchinson.

12 minutes ago, viking said:

If he's there at 12 I can see the Vikings drafting Aiden Hutchinson.

Absolutely. And if you want to claim Hutchinson as the surprise pick at 12, by all means go for it. 

But pass rushers, much like quarterbacks, cornerbacks, and offensive tackles, generally get over drafted based on their positional value, whereas safeties, similarly to guards, defensive tackles, linebackers, and most recently running backs, are largely under drafted based on their positional value. Which is the entire basis of my reasoning as to why I stated that Hamilton is my surprise pick at 12.

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Wonnum doesn’t exactly make me feel super confident in the depth at edge. 

He’s got a great motor and he hustles, but he had one of the worst pass rush win rates last year. He has a lot of work to do. 

I think Wonnum, Jones and Robinson can all be very valuable backups this year. I love Jones as a run stopper but don't think he's a fit in a 3-4. Wonnum might benefit standing up but is still raw. Robinson looked like he was dripping talent/potential but was robbed of his entire rookie season.

Taking another early Edge rusher wouldn't be so bad, but I think we are set.

Also, I like Blake Lynch as the top ILB backup. He did fine when called into action.

From all accounts, Malik Willis looked very good at the Pro Day, showing off good arm strength, accuracy and athleticism. Pro Day workouts are only a very small part of a quarterback’s evaluation, but to the extent that they matter, Willis impressed.

The Panthers, Steelers, Falcons and Commanders are all possible destinations for Willis in the first round of the draft. Some mock drafts have Willis going as high as No. 2 overall to the Lions.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/23/panthers-steelers-send-coach-and-gm-to-malik-willis-pro-day/

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

From all accounts, Malik Willis looked very good at the Pro Day, showing off good arm strength, accuracy and athleticism. Pro Day workouts are only a very small part of a quarterback’s evaluation, but to the extent that they matter, Willis impressed.

The Panthers, Steelers, Falcons and Commanders are all possible destinations for Willis in the first round of the draft. Some mock drafts have Willis going as high as No. 2 overall to the Lions.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/23/panthers-steelers-send-coach-and-gm-to-malik-willis-pro-day/

Malik Willis at 6 to the Panthers imo.

He had a great pro day and the Panthers should be desperate for a QB

On 3/22/2022 at 7:07 PM, gopherwrestler said:

The more I watch Jordan Davis….. the more I want to watch Jordan Davis on the Vikings.

Davis collapsing the pocket; Za'Darius and Danielle rushing the edges.

lion-king-hyenas.gif

Davis collapsing the pocket; Za'Darius and Danielle rushing the edges.

• Like 4