2022 Draft Talk

swede700

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm open to drafting a receiver early next season. That looks like a good class as well.

Every year is going to have a good class of WRs because of how college football operates now.  Some will have deeper classes, but they all will have good talents at the top.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

One more day until the Vikings disappoint me! 

It's a new administration!  Have some hope!  I know that we've pretty much known what to expect from the Vikings over the last several administrations:

Denny - Breakout offensive player or bust defensive player

Tice - Chaos 

Childress - Good offensive players, defensive players with high character in the first 2 rounds, high upside in late rounds

Frazier - Chaos in a different manner from Tice

Zimmer - No defensive line picks before the 3rd round...CBs high

KOC - Will have to see...let's just not hope it's a different type of chaos, unless it's a good chaos.

25 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Ironic that we still need CB early even though that was a point of emphasis for Spielman. Thanks for nothing. 

While the Rhodes and Waynes (and even Alexander) ones were acceptable, as they at least got some use out of them...the Gladney and Hughes ones were disasters.  It's like the last 3 years or so that Spielman and group got too comfortable with their methods of drafting, so while other teams got wise to their game, they didn't make the necessary adjustments to stay ahead of them.     

34 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Ironic that we still need CB early even though that was a point of emphasis for Spielman. Thanks for nothing. 

Frankly I put more blame on Zimmer for the 1st round failures. I gotta believe that he was heavily involved with their scouting and selection.

Based on the fact that none of the CBs drafted while Zimmer was here ever amounted to anything, yet the one highly drafted CB that was selected before Zim got here (Rhodes) turned into an All Pro. That leads me to believe that while Zimmer may have been a good teacher, he didn’t have an eye for scouting. 

4 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Tough as Hughes was an injury bust but Spielman should've never traded him when he did.

Gladney had no red flags prior to the draft and made a very dumb life choice.

Yeah. I think it is fair to see what Hughes and Gladney become elsewhere before saying they were bad choices at the time. The scouting might have been right, but unforeseeable circumstances may have been the cause of their "busting."

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Yeah. I think it is fair to see what Hughes and Gladney become elsewhere before saying they were bad choices at the time. The scouting might have been right, but unforeseeable circumstances may have been the cause of their "busting."

Gladney is certainly up in the air, we'll have to see what happens in Arizona...but I think Hughes is what he is at this point...a younger version of Bashaud Breeland.  Big plays and bonehead plays. 

2 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Why, aside from your Pitt bias?

Cousins is effectively the QB for 2 more seasons.

He elevates his team, he plays with swagger, he's pro ready, has a high floor (not boom or bust), is accurate and has more than enough arm strength to make all the necessary NFL throws even with small hands.