2022 Draft Talk

swede700

BOLD PREDICTION:

Carolina and New Orleans make a rare in division trade. New Orleans sends the 16th pick, plus more, to Carolina for the 6th pick in order to draft one of the top offensive tackles. Carolina drops back to pick up much needed draft capital, and get their QB at pick 16. 

6 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

PA is usually pretty accurate with draft stuff has the team picking Jermaine Johnson over Hamilton at 12. 

I think the analytics part will do Hamilton in as far as consideration for this organization.  While he's been super-productive, that Combine performance is just a huge red flag...and I also think that (while I don't always believe what he says) Leber, in the past, said he doesn't look all that fast on tape either, so he may be that inevitable faller in the draft. 

People, over the past few days, continue to point out Johnson's age.  It's not like he's Brandon Weeden. He's a year older than most prospects, but I am expecting that will be the case over the next couple of years with several prospects, because of the COVID season.  His lack of "production" in college was because he was at Georgia...and you see how much talent they have there.  

While I don't think he's their top choice, he could be a likely choice depending upon how the board falls...and yes, maybe even over Hamilton.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

where is my guy Boye Mafe projected to go? 

Anywhere between 20 and 40 is where I’d expect. 

He appears to be in that 2nd tier of edge rushers. So, if Walker, Thibodeaux, Hutchinson, and Johnson all go in the top 10-12 picks, it could be an early call for Mafe. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

I want a wide receiver now if KT DS AG or KH aren’t available 

I secretly (not anymore lol) want a WR in the first round. Williams, Olave or Williams would be ideal. Even more ideal if we can trade back a few spots (potentially NO #16, SD #17) and still pick up our WR. It could be argued that a top flight WR could make the biggest first year impact and meet a need moving forward (Thielen replacement). Could you imagine the mismatches you could create. The Viking’s O would be dangerous. 
I would definitely target DE or CB in the 2nd and 3rd. Gonna be an interesting night as I have no clue who we are going to drat.