2022 Draft Talk

swede700

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

He elevates his team, he plays with swagger, he's pro ready, has a high floor (not boom or bust), is accurate and has more than enough arm strength to make all the necessary NFL throws even with small hands.

I would disagree. He has no potential, imo. He may be a solid pro, but I don't think he will be anything more than average. Pickett would be a huge downgrade for us long-term.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

I would disagree. He has no potential, imo. He may be a solid pro, but I don't think he will be anything more than average. Pickett would be a huge downgrade for us long-term.

I guess you didn’t watch him play. 4300 passing yards with 42 TD’s to 7 picks!!! What more do you want. He broke Watson’s record.. 

And Pitt is not a loaded team either like Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, and others. He put all those numbers up with no WR’s that are getting draft high. ( I would bet most on here don’t know any of there WR’s) It’s not hard see he is the clear cut number one QB..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

I guess you didn’t watch him play. 4300 passing yards with 42 TD’s to 7 picks!!! What more do you want. He broke Watson’s record.. 

And Pitt is not a loaded team either like Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, and others. He put all those numbers up with no WR’s that are getting draft high. ( I would bet most on here don’t know any of there WR’s) It’s not hard see he is the clear cut number one QB..

Lots of QBs have put up great stats and flopped in the NFL. And even if he is "the clear cut number one QB," which he is not the consensus number one QB, that's not saying much with this class.

I wouldn't touch any of this year's QBs in the first round, let alone in the top half.

21 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

1. Age

2. One year of production 

3. more of a run stopper than pass rusher currently 

4. Pass rushing grades and win rate %s are not very good 

5. isn’t overtly bendy as an edge rusher. Which is fine to me, except the other red flags. 

Ohhhhhh, that JJ.  Sorry, I thought you were talking about Justin Jefferson.  That makes a lot more sense.  :)

Edited by Uncle Buck

1 hour ago, Vikes22 said:

Jordan Addison will go in the first or second next year I'd bet. He just won the Biletnikoff award.

But yeah besides him its not much. 

Pickett will be worth it.

11 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Athletically he's been compared to Derek Carr, Tony Romo and Andy Dalton.

I looked over a list of historical RAS for QBs, and he's actually in the neighborhood of Deshaun Watson, Rich Gannon and...Cade McNown.  He's more athletic than any of those you listed, but that doesn't mean a whole lot...especially when you look at the two QBs just a little higher on RAS than Pickett..Daryll Clark and Matt Blanchard...who?

I normally do a full mock. But this year im just going to make a prediction. 

Vikings will trade back to 16-22 range and collect an extra 3rd. Then the first 5 rounds will go like this:

1st. Andrew Booth, CB, Clemson
2nd. Drake Jackson, Edge, USC
3rd. Alec Pierce, WR, Cin
3rd (trade). Demarvin Leal, DE, TX A&M
5th. Luke Fortner, C, Kentucky