2022 Draft Talk

swede700

50 minutes ago, viking said:

Yeah that's right but what i'm saying is if the top 3 corners are gone I'm all in on Williams/Wilson

If the top corners are gone...and the top edge rushers are as well...then that's where a WR comes into play for me. 

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

If the top corners are gone...and the top edge rushers are as well...then that's where a WR comes into play for me. 

Would you take Jermaine Johnson over Williams and WIislon?

As the draft draws closer I'm happier with BPA but I really want the Vikes to get BPA at CB/WR/EDGE

1 hour ago, viking said:

Would you take Jermaine Johnson over Williams and WIislon?

As the draft draws closer I'm happier with BPA but I really want the Vikes to get BPA at CB/WR/EDGE

That would be a hard choice. I really believe that if Wilson and Williams are on the board, I see someone offer a lot to move up and grab Wilson. 

I know they are in our Division, but I see the Packers moving up and i think pick 12 could be that spot. I see them offering a 1st ( 22) ,2nd and 3rd round pick for our pick. I think I would pull the trigger just because I think we could still get a really good player at 22 and adding 2 additional picks that could really help us. Then, I would trade our 2 3rd round picks and a 2nd round pick to move up and get a player that falls a little bit. And then make our other 2nd round pick.

End of the day, we would walk away with 3 really good players that could help us immediately. That’s what I would do.

42 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

If any of: Hutchinson, Stingley, Gardner, Thibodeaux, Hamilton, Walker, Johnson, or Davis are available at #12, I'm taking them over any WR. After diving deeper into McDuffie, I'd be comfortable taking him there too.  

I would say, stick to your big board. Whoever is ranked the highest, you take. I have no problem drafting another JJ if it gives us 2 1000 plus yard WR’s for the next 5 plus years.

also, I seen Bucky Brooks has the Vikings drafting Jameson Williams in his final mock. Say’s  that Thielen might only have 1 or 2 left. 

BPA no matter what….

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

If any of: Hutchinson, Stingley, Gardner, Thibodeaux, Hamilton, Walker, Johnson, or Davis are available at #12, I'm taking them over any WR. After diving deeper into McDuffie, I'd be comfortable taking him there too.  

I’d take Mcduffie over Johnson. I am really sour on JJ. 

21 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Sour on JJ?  What's not to like about JJ?  :o

1. Age

2. One year of production 

3. more of a run stopper than pass rusher currently 

4. Pass rushing grades and win rate %s are not very good 

5. isn’t overtly bendy as an edge rusher. Which is fine to me, except the other red flags. 

Im surprised to see how many people would take Jermaine Johnson at 12. To me he's a late 1st/early 2nd type of guy who is too old of a prospect for my liking. I think he could turn into a solid pro, but id look elsewhere at 12.

My wish list is - Stingley or one of the top WRs at 12 OR a trade down and take a guy like Booth. I think edge can be addressed in the 2nd. 

If it was up to me the first 3 rounds would be CB-Edge-WR in some order depending on who's available. 1st-Stingley, 2nd- Drake Jackson, 3rd-Alec Pierce

6 hours ago, Vikes22 said:

That would be a hard choice. I really believe that if Wilson and Williams are on the board, I see someone offer a lot to move up and grab Wilson. 

I know they are in our Division, but I see the Packers moving up and i think pick 12 could be that spot. I see them offering a 1st ( 22) ,2nd and 3rd round pick for our pick. I think I would pull the trigger just because I think we could still get a really good player at 22 and adding 2 additional picks that could really help us. Then, I would trade our 2 3rd round picks and a 2nd round pick to move up and get a player that falls a little bit. And then make our other 2nd round pick.

End of the day, we would walk away with 3 really good players that could help us immediately. That’s what I would do.

Would prefer not to help GB land a top receiver. That trade isn’t bad though.

I'm up for Jamison Williams for two reasons.....1) it would be fun to watch, and 2) in a year or two when JJ probably wants to make more than Adams and Hill in Vikings will be in (hopefully) a spot they could say no and trade him. Not saying I want this....but. Hopefully we still arent paying Cousins huge if we pay JJ.