• Rashod Bateman, Ravens
    • Elijah Moore, Jets
    • Rondale Moore, Cardinals
    • D'Wayne Eskridge, Seahawks
    • Tutu Atwell, Rams
    • Terrace Marshall Jr., Panthers
    • Other

23 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Ja'Marr easily. He has a qb that should throw for over 4k yards, assuming he stays healthy, and he'll have a lot of targets. Bengals will likely be playing from behind a lot too.

Hopefully the Bengals invested into that OL to keep their QB healthy after his injury. 

• Like 1

I'd go with the guy who has the best combination of good QB (situation) and projected target share (opportunity).

I'm going with either Bateman or Chase. The dark horse is Eskridge if Lockett or Metcalf miss any amount of time. Perfect situation for him there.

Let's remove Chase from the convo, as I think he is the likely and obvious answer.

From there:

If Hurts is good, Smith could have a decent year, but I don't buy that. Same with Waddle and Toney. Lamar could feed Bateman some. Elijah Moore is interesting in NY if Wilson slings anything like at BYU. Panthers need to replace Samuel's production, and maybe Marshall does that with someone that probably is a better thrower than Teddy. Washington is desperate for a #2, but I don't see Brown breaking that rookie mold like Terry did despite the similarities. 

Honestly, and again, doing this outside of Chase, give me the betting odds on Elijah Moore to be the #2. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Let's remove Chase from the convo, as I think he is the likely and obvious answer.

From there:

If Hurts is good, Smith could have a decent year, but I don't buy that. Same with Waddle and Toney. Lamar could feed Bateman some. Elijah Moore is interesting in NY if Wilson slings anything like at BYU. Panthers need to replace Samuel's production, and maybe Marshall does that with someone that probably is a better thrower than Teddy. Washington is desperate for a #2, but I don't see Brown breaking that rookie mold like Terry did despite the similarities. 

Honestly, and again, doing this outside of Chase, give me the betting odds on Elijah Moore to be the #2. 

With Shepard still on the team as a steady, consistent, solid slot receiver, I think Toney is completely out of this conversation for this year. He'll have less of a traditional WR role this year IMO.

I like Moore as another darkhorse. I have absolutely no idea how Wilson is going to do this year or who he will lock on to as his safety blanket, but I guess there's as good a chance it is Moore as it is anyone else on the roster. Plus, he is a super talented guy. I could see it.

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

From there:

Remove Chase, I probably take Elijah Moore. Mims doesn't have a stranglehold on the #1 WR job, the team should be playing from behind quite often, and the Jets probably have an easy schedule, but I'm not positive on that.

On 5/9/2021 at 5:10 PM, bmorecareful said:

I can’t wait for the season to start.. The Lamar Jackson shade is out of this world... The way people talk about him u would never kno he has a 82% win percentage and is the youngest MVP since the merger.. 

Oh my god the Baltimore fan LaMarr Jackson persecution complex. It's growing tiresome at this point dude.

On 5/9/2021 at 11:10 PM, bmorecareful said:

I can’t wait for the season to start.. The Lamar Jackson shade is out of this world... The way people talk about him u would never kno he has a 82% win percentage and is the youngest MVP since the merger.. 

you consider that shade?

Just now, Danger said:

Oh my god the Baltimore fan LaMarr Jackson persecution complex. It's growing tiresome at this point dude.

And u think it isn’t tiresome hearing about how terrible Lamar is and if Bateman had a better qb he would be the best receiver In the class.. I don’t expect non ravens fans to understand and that’s fine but prior to Lamar taking over the starting job we were ranked last in rushing with a 4-5 record and facing a complete regime change that offseason... Ozzie announced it was his last season prior to Lamars rookie season and we had missed multiple consecutive playoffs so at 4-5 Harbaugh was good as gone if not for Lamar stepping in and turning it around.. Lamar has played with 1 universally starting caliber receiver (Hollywood) and a good but not great receiving TE (Andrews) Our receivers were so bad we brought in a guy who hadn’t played in 3 years and by the regular season finale was a starter for us lol... It finally on paper appears we have a real NFL caliber receiving core... Let’s see what happens now instead of pretending we already kno.. As if hes always had everything he needed and just wasn’t good enough..

46 minutes ago, bmorecareful said:

And u think it isn’t tiresome hearing about how terrible Lamar is

Bro, nobody's said that for a year and a half now. Calm your cheeks. You lot are living in the past pretending you have an axe to grind and to everyone else you just seem like entitled brats acting like you're fandom is oppressed by everyone elses negative opinions that no longer exist. It's clownish.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

To be fair, 2 of the first handful of posts were directly bashing Lamar as a QB. There's a big difference between claiming persecution and directly responding to other posts.

I mean.. This is a thread about rookie WRs and Chase/Devonta were the only two rookie WRs even named by the time there were already numerous Lamar bashing statements.

It's fair criticism - I feel the same way about Hurts and Tua negatively affecting two of the other top WRs.. But you're acting like he brought it up out of nowhere

I'm just saying - Nobody would be naming Bateman as the top guy anyway. People specifically saw the opportunity to attack Lamar and jumped on it. It's not his fault for jumping into his defense - and if you think "nobody has been sating things about Lamar for a year and a half now", you are a fool

Edited by Tk3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

To be fair, 2 of the first handful of posts were directly bashing Lamar as a QB. There's a big difference between claiming persecution and directly responding to other posts.

I mean.. This is a thread about rookie WRs and Chase/Devonta were the only two rookie WRs even named by the time there were already numerous Lamar bashing statements.

It's fair criticism - I feel the same way about Hurts and Tua negatively affecting two of the other top WRs.. But you're acting like he brought it up out of nowhere

I'm just saying - Nobody would be naming Bateman as the top guy anyway. People specifically saw the opportunity to attack Lamar and jumped on it. It's not his fault for jumping into his defense - and if you think "nobody has been sating things about Lamar for a year and a half now", you are a fool

I don't believe in Hurts much at all either TBH.

Bateman is a good player but he's not the type who's going to likely have the same immediate impact of Devonta Smith or JaMarr Chase. Bateman has a really high ceiling though.