2021 OTAS also includes Rookie and Mandatory minicamps

Guess we should start this thread! Can't wait!

Rookie Minicamp: May 14-16

Quarterback Trey Lance and the remaining rookies will be allowed to participate in team activities starting Friday in Santa Clara.

OTA Offseason Workouts: May 24-25, May 27, June 1-2, June 4, June 7-8, June 10

Mandatory Minicamp: June 15-17

Because of the pandemic, the NFL made several changes to the offseason schedule. Here is what is and isn’t allowed during Phases 2 and 3.

Phase Two (May 17-21) has been shortened from three weeks to one week. On-field workouts may include individual player instruction and drills, “perfect play” drills, drills and plays conducted with offensive players lining up across from offensive players and defensive players lining up across from defensive players, with each group permitted to align eleven or fewer players across from eleven or fewer players. Players on one side of the ball may execute a play, but players on the opposite side of the ball may not initiate contact with, or attempt to impede the progress of, players who are running the play. All such drills must be conducted at an acceptable walkthrough pace (i.e. Pro Bowl practice).

Phase Three (May 24-June 18) remains its customary four weeks in length. Beginning in Phase Three, clubs may conduct in-person meetings and classroom instruction subject to COVID-19 testing cadence, tracking, facility access and other protocols. During Phase Three, teams may conduct a total of 10 days of organized team practice activity, or “OTAs”. No live contact is permitted, but 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 drills are permitted.

15 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Cohn’s an idiot. Practice 1 and he’s saying Shanny was the big loser because he didn’t do roll outs and expand the offense for Lance. It’s like day 1 fundamentals. Throwing and catching, footwork, timing, etc. Did he expect a practice to show him off for the media?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, straighthate said:

Cohn’s an idiot. Practice 1 and he’s saying Shanny was the big loser because he didn’t do roll outs and expand the offense for Lance. It’s like day 1 fundamentals. Throwing and catching, footwork, timing, etc. Did he expect a practice to show him off for the media?

I saw people on twitter complain that he was only throwing short passes and were saying "we're turning him into another captain checkdown"... It's overreaction season, for sure. If you want to test a QB's footwork and quick throw mechanics, you make him throw quickly... Long drops hide so many footwork flaws, and a strong arms hide so many timing issues. Short throws, you gotta be on point.

Edited by rudyZ
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I hate how only one day was open to the media lol.

I want the completion numbers from Lance on those 7 on 7 drills!!! I want reports of him throwing INTs in one on one drills!!!!

Probably a good reason why there was one day open to the media for that exact reason lol 😂

• Like 1