Taxes

ITT: Americans who all  benefitted greatly and continue to benefit from a massive prosperity ecosystem built and held together by local, state, and federal taxes but dont want to pay back into the eco-system to help continue it's maintenance and expansion. 

200.gif

PAY YOUR TAXES YOU FITHLY TAX CHEATS!!!!

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, animaltested said:

ITT: Americans who all  benefitted greatly and continue to benefit from a massive prosperity ecosystem built and held together by local, state, and federal taxes but dont want to pay back into the eco-system to help continue it's maintenance and expansion. 

Good one, Irwin.

8 minutes ago, animaltested said:

200.gif

LOL

We literally rebelled 245 years ago come July for this exact reason. You're talking to the wrong crowd.

cost-slightly-more-america-paused-resume

0a58d7c12acb495ed99e99ebad1a709b.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 10:14 AM, MOSteelers56 said:

I'd rather not pay mine, but I'm scared of getting audited. I know people that haven't filed taxes in 5+ years and nothing has happened to them, but I'm too scared. 

He's dead now but my oldest brother didn't file taxes for well over 30 years and to this day I'm just simply amazed he never got audited once by the IRS. And I'm not suggesting you try this at all but I can only assume since he never provided a return he was never really in the system.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, billking said:

He's dead now but my oldest brother didn't file taxes for well over 30 years and to this day I'm just simply amazed he never got audited once by the IRS. And I'm not suggesting you try this at all but I can only assume since he never provided a return he was never really in the system.

Might be something to this. I have been audited by the IRS. It was because I didn't check a box stating I rolled over my IRA from one account to another and didn't take any cash. That took 9 months. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 12:39 PM, animaltested said:

200.gif

It'd be one thing if the government had any kind of fiscal restraint when it came to spending my tax dollars

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2021 at 10:29 AM, vikesfan89 said:

It'd be one thing if the government had any kind of fiscal restraint when it came to spending my tax dollars

It’s all depends on how the money is used. Using it to help the lower and middle class with important needs? Yes please.

16 hours ago, Xenos said:

It’s all depends on how the money is used. Using it to help the lower and middle class with important needs? Yes please.

What percentage of what they spend goes to helping the lower and middle class with needs?  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 9:07 AM, vikesfan89 said:

What percentage of what they spend goes to helping the lower and middle class with needs?  

Not nearly as much as other countries unfortunately. We need to continue to build on things like the child tax credit so that all children get lifted out of poverty and not just half. Some other examples include healthcare, daycare, affordable college education etc.

To continue with the slow burn of this thread...

On 5/13/2021 at 1:14 PM, MOSteelers56 said:

I'd rather not pay mine, but I'm scared of getting audited. I know people that haven't filed taxes in 5+ years and nothing has happened to them, but I'm too scared. 

This is really risky.  There may be some examples where people get away with it for their entire lifetime, but the overwhelming majority of people that don't pay taxes get caught eventually.  And then you either pay a crap ton in penalties, or go to jail.  

Just pay the taxes.  Be an honest person.  

On 5/27/2021 at 4:10 AM, billking said:

I don't know when this was, but with the world as digital as it is now, i can't imagine anyone getting away with this in today's world.  You'd be basically have to live the life of a migrant worker.

No one likes paying taxes.

When it comes to taxation and the frustration of the spending and budget issues we have at the federal level, it’s nothing short of completely embarrassing and a massive overreach 20+ years on the theft of social security.

That said, filing a return and paying a somewhat fair rate for 88+% of us, not to mention those of us who make good money relatively tax free on 401K, Roth, mutual funds, etc, there’s nothing to complain about (except for the joke that is capital gains tax).

Some European countries pay over 50% of a tax rate. Put that into perspective.