Bill Lazor; The Plan To Develop Justin Fields

soulman

9 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Something Grossman couldn't ever help himself from doing.

Which is odd because in Grossman's only full season with the Chicago Bears, we won 15 games and went to the Super Bowl.

48 minutes ago, G08 said:

Which is odd because in Grossman's only full season with the Chicago Bears, we won 15 games and went to the Super Bowl.

Grossman and Orton LOL.

You should be arguing who was worse not who was better.

On 6/18/2021 at 10:01 AM, G08 said:

51.6% completions, 9 TDs, 13 INTs, 59.7 rating

Come on now...

Highly successful from a team perspective. It's not like he was getting whipped and lost all confidence. And despite starting from day 1, his career exceeded anyone's reasonable expectations.

I guess my question is... what are the examples of QBs the Bears "ruined" by playing too early?

40 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

I guess my question is... what are the examples of QBs the Bears "ruined" by playing too early?

We really just have done a crap job with QBs and kept swinging with mediocre vets rather than drafting. I don't believe we have ruined anyone from playing too early. 

I will say I believe we ruined Cutler. He'd have never been a great but could have been top 10 imo with a real HC and franchise. 

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

Highly successful from a team perspective. It's not like he was getting whipped and lost all confidence. And despite starting from day 1, his career exceeded anyone's reasonable expectations.

Impossible to answer since we honestly never have developed a QB in this city.

The question I keep going back to is what was the problem with Mitch?  If he'd sat for a year, had a consistent system to learn and start in, would that have made a difference? Or was the half assed approach where he HAD to start under Fox and then hand off 50 times to blame? Or was it Nagy's failure to develop him? 

Kind of seems like had a lack of processing, not speed just couldn't correctly analyze and decide. Maybe it's a confidence thing but I get the feeling it may never have clicked for him. We'll always have 2018 buddy. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Grossman and Orton LOL.

You should be arguing who was worse not who was better.

It wouldn't be much of an argument. 

19 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Kind of seems like had a lack of processing, not speed just couldn't correctly analyze and decide. Maybe it's a confidence thing but I get the feeling it may never have clicked for him. We'll always have 2018 buddy. 

NF6CPoJ.gif

2 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

The question I keep going back to is what was the problem with Mitch?  If he'd sat for a year, had a consistent system to learn and start in, would that have made a difference? Or was the half assed approach where he HAD to start under Fox and then hand off 50 times to blame? Or was it Nagy's failure to develop him? 

I don't think he had the processing capability to run Nagy's offense.

Not many QBs in today's NFL are having success in that system, save for Patrick Mahomes.

Wentz and Trubisky are the two most recent highly drafted QBs that flamed out in said system.

19 minutes ago, G08 said:

Wentz and Trubisky are the two most recent highly drafted QBs that flamed out in said system.

I'd argue those are different situations, though. And there's hope for Wentz. Not so sure I can say that about Trubisky. As a starter, anyway. 

7 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I'd argue those are different situations, though.

How so? Both head coaches were first timers and were running a derivative of Andy Reid's system.

Both QBs flamed out in said system.

Both QBs are now on different teams.

45 minutes ago, G08 said:

How so? Both head coaches were first timers and were running a derivative of Andy Reid's system.

Both QBs flamed out in said system.

Both QBs are now on different teams.

Umm...a large percentage of NFL followers thought Wentz would be MVP before he got injured?

Should I expound further? 

31 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Umm...a large percentage of NFL followers thought Wentz would be MVP before he got injured?

Should I expound further? 

Career 89.2 rating in said offense, 6.7 YPA on 2492 attempts.

Trubisky: 89.8 rating, 6.7 YPA on 1247 attempts.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Career 89.2 rating in said offense, 6.7 YPA on 2492 attempts.

Trubisky: 89.8 rating, 6.7 YPA on 1247 attempts.

Sorry. Trubisky NEVER played as well as Wentz in 2018. Ever

Now, could Wentz's play that year be a flash in the pan? Sure. But Trubisky has NEVER played up to that level. 

Let's be serious, here. 

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I'd argue those are different situations, though. And there's hope for Wentz. Not so sure I can say that about Trubisky. As a starter, anyway. 

Wentz had some initial success.  What may have caused his regression was a knee injury which hampered his athletic playing style, severly altering his playing abilities.  

• Like 1