Starfield [Xbox|Bethesda, Sept 6, 2023]

Kiltman

11 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

They make you choose if your character is a he or she or they. It’s disgusting that they inject politics into games. When I play a role playing game, the last thing I ever want is for the game to give me a choice in the role I’m playing! Just disgusting from Bethesda who have never made a political game before. I prefer games to be completely apolitical, like Fallout or Skyrim.

/s (in case it’s not obvious, there are chuds suffering from brain worms or smoothbrainitis and they’re legitimately mad at this)

Not sure I'm following. RPGs almost always ask you what gender you want your character to be.  You're upset that they included "they" as an option?  Just choose he or she and move on its literally just one question at the beginning of the game. 

I'm also confused as to how this is a political issue? 

34 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Not sure I'm following. RPGs almost always ask you what gender you want your character to be.  You're upset that they included "they" as an option?  Just choose he or she and move on its literally just one question at the beginning of the game. 

I'm also confused as to how this is a political issue? 

I’m not mad. I’m making fun of the people that are mad, hence the /s

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

/s (in case it’s not obvious, there are chuds suffering from brain worms or smoothbrainitis and they’re legitimately mad at this)

lol I was like this seems out of character for you ha.

Abstract I like that they bake in being able to change your appearance, and it not be something you have to command tab or wait for the DLC for. Even your name, Vosco has my name in the database but it’s the secondary spelling. So I could switch to that for the time being.

Playthrough one I’m doing me, NG+ I’ll try something else. Especially by then mods will be out.

6 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Oh, this is exclusive to Xbox? So Bethesda’s first product in several years that doesn’t suck (imo) is console locked lol 

Yep, Xbox X|S and PC.

I’d imagine this will be the case going forward with Bethesda publishing, they already confirmed by way of the FTC trial that the Todd Howard + MachineGames Indiana Jones game is also Xbox/PC only. Elder Scrolls VI probably drops year 1 or 2 of the next console unless they really cut down their timeline. And sneak it in the last year like a GTA V did.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Does space travel/combat pick up? I literally never fly in space. Just shortcut everywhere because it seems slow and pointless so far. 

IMO not really..... Space combat is pretty bare bones. I wanted to be a space pirate but instead now I have decided on more of a Mandalorian style bounty hunter. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Got my key last night. Installed it to my HDD and it's borderline unplayable. Currently waiting on a new 2tb SSD to see if that helps. I have kind of an older (4 years?) rig so my 256gig SSD just doesn't have room for games anymore since they're so big.

I heard that this game is pretty GPU heavy. My GPIU is just under the minimum requirements so I am going to pick up an Xbox Series S probably to play. 

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Does space travel/combat pick up? I literally never fly in space. Just shortcut everywhere because it seems slow and pointless so far. 

You get into a couple more interesting fights. But to make it really fun you need to build your ship a certain way, which you can have your cake and eat it too in the late game it looks like. Those C level Reactors would let you go high engines and high weapons without choosing.

Also I shoot the smaller rocks in space post dogfights for some quick resources.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2023 at 10:26 PM, nagahide13 said:

Got my key last night. Installed it to my HDD and it's borderline unplayable. Currently waiting on a new 2tb SSD to see if that helps. I have kind of an older (4 years?) rig so my 256gig SSD just doesn't have room for games anymore since they're so big.

Yes the minimum specs say a SSD is required. This'll probably be the standard for triple-A games moving forward considering all the consoles have basically caught up and now use SSDs.

There's a lot of controversy surrounding the PC edition of this game. Bethesda partnered with AMD (a cpu and graphics card vendor among other things) and AMD's competition Nvidia and Intel seem to perform much more poorly in-game even with equally as powerful GPU's. Bethesda also refused to implement Nvidia's AI upscaler. Apparently, the devs implemented it a few different times and then were told to remove it. Modders quickly implemented it themselves and it's a massive improvement for Nvidia users (which is like 80% of Steam users). On top of that, the game is poorly optimized. Even very powerful rigs can't get by without upscaling. Despite this Todd just told PC gamers they need to upgrade their rig. An RTX 3080 gets like 40 fps on 1080p ultra and that's an $800 card. Games like Cyberpunk run better than that and it has a considerable lead in graphic fidelity compared to Starfield.

A lot of corporate scumminess around the PC version of the game. I really want to play but I don't like to support **** like this.

• Like 3

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I have no idea what to do with outposts. I might be an idiot. I gotta google an outpost for dummies guide. 

Same. I know you can set them up to basically print money, but it isn’t super easy to get into.

They get wiped with NG+, so I’m debating just not really doing it this playthrough.

• Like 1