Starfield [Xbox|Bethesda, Sept 6, 2023]

Kiltman

Starfield Standard Edition - $69.99 (pre-order bonus)

XkCLjmp.png

Starfield Premium Edition - $99.99
(5 days Early Access)

X8comys.png

Starfield Premium Edition Upgrade - $34.99 ($31.49 for gamepass subs)
(5 days Early Access)

9oJx0K2.png

Starfield Constellation Edition (Collector's) - $299.99
(5 days Early Access)

8sYEKCR.png

5 hours ago, JBURGE said:

This looks incredible and also overwhelming... I forgot it came out in September, thought it was piushed back a full year from Nov 2022.

Very sad that I can't play this on PS5, might bring my PC down to the TV for a month 

I'm excited for it on both, when I moved I strategically placed the media room under my office for games like this, bought a higher end long cable on sale to run down to the oled. Need to test it out beforehand to make sure there's no lag, otherwise I'll be doing the same and bringing it down.

Nature of a lot of releases I'll probably go XSX first, unless the PC version sticks the landing well.

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Todd was talking about it, apparently it was fine for the most part 45-60.
But they didn't want any pop in to "ruin the seamless experience", so they capped it for now.

Not great - it'll be interesting to see if they raise the cap via a patch after launch or what happens but after Redfall tanking this is not great news for Xbox. 

59 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Yeah, this might finally be the breaking point where I have to buy a next gen console.

What's the difference the X and S, besides the lack of disk drive on the S?

X is the 4K gaming console, S is 1080p (1440 in some games)

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

Not great - it'll be interesting to see if they raise the cap via a patch after launch or what happens but after Redfall tanking this is not great news for Xbox. 

Redfall just seemed like a mess all around. Like when those reports came out that people at arcane were hoping being bought would bring a merciful death to the project. THis seems more like a stylistic choice and not a tape & bubblegum limp over the finish line like Redfall was.

So far all these next gen only games on the consoles seem to have this trade off, unless you are playing a shooter or racing game and they have the extra bandwidth to make it work without all the other systems.

As far as sticking to 30, I get it with what this game is trying to do. Big thing they talk about is seeing stuff in the distance of these big landscapes, and going there.
That gets killed when you can't see it do to a max rendering distance, or you have a ton of smaller things popping in as you get closer.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I assume on the Series S, but Series X gets 60.... right???

Nope.

Microsoft has confirmed that Starfield, Bethesda's much-anticipated open-world role-playing game, will be locked at 30fps on Xbox Series X|S.

8 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Series S is 1440p at 30fps

Series X is 4k at 30fps

They prioritized graphical fidelity over a higher frame rate.

Wish they'd give the option like the witcher 3 did on next gen console release to prioritize frames or resolution 

Wow, getting a Series X to play this is no longer an option. 30FPS is a joke in 2023. Absolutely no reason they should have gone for a 1080P 60FPS mode like every other next gen game? I am preparing for this to run like **** on PC now lol

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1