2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

20 minutes ago, brownie man said:

How early can we draft a QB before Baker throws a fit and becomes a bad influence in the locker room?Ā 
Ā 

3rd round?

I feel like 2nd or earlier heā€™s gonna throw a fit. Progressive may not renew him.Ā 

Say you're a Baker hater without saying you're a Baker hater.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Iā€™m not a Baker hater and I still think this happens if we draft a QB round 1 or 2. Maturity is not his strong pointĀ 

SayĀ you're a Baker hater without saying you're a Baker hater.

Ā 

No top picks on their rookie contract are gonna not be totally peeved if the team essentially tells them they're moving on. That said, I think you got Baker wrong; if we draft a QB high it's gonna give Baker chip-on-the-shoulder laser focus. We'd see his best ball. I still don't want to do it that way, though. If we draft another quarterback high then it's to move on IMO.

Ā 

Edited by NudeTayne
omittion

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

SayĀ you're a Baker hater without saying you're a Baker hater.

Ā 

No top picks on their rookie contract are gonna not be totally peeved if the team essentially tells them they're moving on. That said, I think you got Baker wrong; if we draft a QB high it's gonna give Baker chip-on-the-shoulder laser focus. We'd see his best ball. I still don't want to do it that way, though. If we draft another quarterback high then it's to move on IMO.

Ā 

Saying ā€œdraft a QB highā€ is all well and good, but I still want people to put a name to it. Ā Which of the dudes in this class are you willing to bet is better than Baker?
Ā 

This class looks like 2013 part deux. Ā A bunch of Chuck Fryes. Ā I was going to say Colt McCoys too, but thereā€™s not even one of those (a guy whoā€™s had multiple excellent seasons of production at a big time program and has won a ton of games).

Carson Stong looks decent as a passer, but has no mobility. Ā Malik Willis has the physical tools, but was meh at Liberty and has been beaten out twice by a couple of nobodies. Ā Like, whoā€™s the guy that the FO and coaching staff should be betting their jobs on?

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Kenny Pickett is the best QB in this draft and people are going to feel stupid sleeping on him.

Heā€™s going to land in Pittsburgh and when he succeeds people on here will be the pikachu face meme.

I think heā€™s the most NFL ready QB, but I have my doubts on his long-term potential. Broncos and or Panthers will select him because they are in win now mode.Ā 

I think if I'm drafting anybody it'd be Carson Strong, but I dont feel confident in it.Ā 

But he at least as the arm talent and accuracy at least from what I've seen. Plus he's young and is coming off an injury so you hope hes better than what he was able to show last year. Even though he looked good you have that hope he'll be even better further removed from Surgery.Ā 

but he's not a sure enough thing for me to want to deal with the immaturity Baker may have if you bring him in.Ā 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

I think if I'm drafting anybody it'd be Carson Strong, but I dont feel confident in it.Ā 

But he at least as the arm talent and accuracy at least from what I've seen. Plus he's young and is coming off an injury so you hope hes better than what he was able to show last year. Even though he looked good you have that hope he'll be even better further removed from Surgery.Ā 

but he's not a sure enough thing for me to want to deal with the immaturity Baker may have if you bring him in.Ā 

Id take him in round 3 if he is there.Ā 

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If heā€™s in the mid rounds, I can see Stefanski wanting him as a ā€œKirk Cousinsā€ type. Carson is a pure pocket passer. Almost Drew Bledsoe lite.

You dont have to be fast to avoid sacks. Tom brady ran 5.2 and didnt get sacked often.Ā