2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Yet you think Kyler Murray is the kind of "leader" we need to bring here. The dude who makes contract demands via social media when he's been a rather mediocre QB. lol

Ding ding ding…

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Rumor has it it’s Jimmy pushing for Watson.

Im shocked…

Yeah I called this yesterday. And with that as the reality, there’s no telling how illogical we could be with what we throw at the Texans if that does happen. Here is a guy that pounded on the table and told the guys below him to draft Johnny Manziel via trade up. Some things never change. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Nerds really better have a plan lol 

Yep. Crapolo et all ain’t going to get it done. Mariota?  My god the qbs I’m hearing from supposed fans to replace Baker is unreal to me. 

Half assed mediocrity here we come *******. 

Rumor has it it’s Jimmy pushing for Watson.

Im shocked…

Just when I thought Jimmy was maybe learning to be a better owner...

The guy just can't get out of his own way.

• Like 4

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

Yep. Crapolo et all ain’t going to get it done. Mariota?  My god the qbs I’m hearing from supposed fans to replace Baker is unreal to me. 

Half assed mediocrity here we come *******. 

Fans asking for Mariota or Jameis are gonna be really missing Baker if one of them does indeed replace him...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I do think one issue with him though is he is brash, and dammit you better be good if that’s your personality as it can wear on people otherwise.

Yeah, if he was balling, nobody would care about his brash mindset. I do think it’s been a weakness based off of his play. On its surface, I don’t think his personality needs to change as much as his play though. He is who he is and that’s part of why it has taken him this far. 

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

The people that dont like Baler as a player must have missed 2015-2017. 

I am pretty sure I watched every damn game. Was Baker perfect, damn near was in 2018. 

With all due respect, the quarterbacks who have played for the Browns since their return set the bar so low that even a semblance of competent QB play would make them look like a franchise QB (i.e. Baker Mayfield)

Peace!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah I called this yesterday. And with that as the reality, there’s no telling how illogical we could be with what we throw at the Texans if that does happen. Here is a guy that pounded on the table and told the guys below him to draft Johnny Manziel via trade up. Some things never change. 

Like as bad as landing Watson is in some ways, not landing him is worse unless the nerds can smooth Baker’s ego or land an upgrade.

Carr and Jimmy are debatable/possible, but that’s about it.  Whiff on those guys and it’s back to the same old browns 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Sooooo

The coaches and front office don’t believe he’s the guy.

Non-Browns supporters and followers (aka objective eyes) don’t believe he’s the guy.

It’s purely emotional fans that believe he’s the guy. All they do is recite how he broke the rookie TD record (which isn’t the record anymore) and how he “carried” the team to its first playoff win (it was Ben crapping the bed that night). 

Yeah that’s it.

18 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Sooooo

The coaches and front office don’t believe he’s the guy.

Non-Browns supporters and followers (aka objective eyes) don’t believe he’s the guy.

It’s purely emotional fans that believe he’s the guy. All they do is recite how he broke the rookie TD record (which isn’t the record anymore) and how he “carried” the team to its first playoff win (it was Ben crapping the bed that night). 

Who’s emotional?  Come on dude. 

• Like 1

Ppl saying, we can’t have baker one more year, we can’t waste a year of Chubb, Ward, and etc…

like how many games you guys think Watson is going to play last year. They will prolly throw prolly a year at him to send a message to the players and all the new female coaches they have…

so there you guys, they just wasted a year cause a back up will be the QB all season. 

why not move on from baker when there is an actual great QB class…

• Like 1

Like as bad as landing Watson is in some ways, not landing him is worse unless the nerds can smooth Baker’s ego or land an upgrade.

Carr and Jimmy are debatable/possible, but that’s about it.  Whiff on those guys and it’s back to the same old browns 

joker-smile.gif

• Like 5