2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

11 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

I would think there's a slight difference when an NFL Quarterback who makes millions of dollars & is known to have a colorful personality says something on social media as opposed to someone like brownie man.

Nobody cares what brownie man says 😉

Peace!!!

What he said was thank you to the fans lol.

Like, he’s done enough ish that warrants criticism.  A guy thanking the city and fans is picking nits at best and absurd if we’re being honest

11 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

I would think there's a slight difference when an NFL Quarterback who makes millions of dollars & is known to have a colorful personality says something on social media as opposed to someone like brownie man.

Nobody cares what brownie man says 😉

Peace!!!

I care. He is every bit as human as Baker.

I don't like what he says and have never seen anything wrong with what Baker has said but both have a right to do what they do and shouldn't be rewarded or penalized because of their bank account.

• Like 2

Let me preface this by saying I do not think Baker is the next Drew Brees but....I really, really hope Baker goes to the Saints just so this guy can add one more eerie coincidence between Baker and Drew's careers to this video lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVxGIfKSOoU

for those not wanting to watch all of it,  around the 2:40 mark lays it out the main points and he elaborates further as it goes on

Edited by pscottdai
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

Let me preface this by saying I do not think Baker is the next Drew Brees but....I really, really hope Baker goes to the Saints just so this guy can add one more eerie coincidence between Baker and Drew's careers to this video lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVxGIfKSOoU

for those not wanting to watch all of it,  around the 2:40 mark lays it out

Great post. If Drew Brees was drafted by the Browns our fans would run him out too.

1 hour ago, pscottdai said:

for those not wanting to watch all of it,  around the 2:40 mark lays it out

I do think his career will be similar to Brees. Brees had a heck of a supporting cast on offense much of his career so the numbers would depend on the supporting cast but I think it will still be close enough that it will be his best comparison when all is said and done.

21 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I do think his career will be similar to Brees. Brees had a heck of a supporting cast on offense much of his career so the numbers would depend on the supporting cast but I think it will still be close enough that it will be his best comparison when all is said and done.

The thing that surprised me was that Brees really did not start being "elite" until his 6th year and was not into the SB until his 9th. I always thought it was sooner for both.

Edited by pscottdai

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

What would you guys want for Mayfield?

What if you ate $15m of his salary as part of the deal, then what would you want for him?

Eating the salary I imagine we would want a 1, or a 2nd and a 3rd

Otherwise a 2nd.

Better than Darnold st the time of the trade

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Eating the salary I imagine we would want a 1, or a 2nd and a 3rd

Otherwise a 2nd.

Better than Darnold st the time of the trade

I think in my GM mock I was going to make a trade, and I like to check in with fanbases of the player to see what they think.

If a trade happens and these are way off I will cancel the trade, but I was thinking something like this (multiple packages).

Saints get:
Baker Mayfield

#1 Browns get:
$17m dead cap hit
2022 Round 2 #49
C/OC Caesar Ruiz @ 2 years $3m per w/ 5th year option.

#2 Browns get:
$15m dead cap hit
2022 Round 2 #49
2022 Round 3 #101
"QB" Taysom Hill @ 1 year $5m base

#3 Browns get:
$17m dead cap hit
2022 Round 2 #49
2022 Round 3 #101
CB Janoris Jenkins @ 1 year $5.25m

Or some kind of mix/match.

Would you personally do it? Could you see the Browns doing? Would you be devastated? Meh? Happy?

4 minutes ago, Dome said:

I think in my GM mock I was going to make a trade, and I like to check in with fanbases of the player to see what they think.

If a trade happens and these are way off I will cancel the trade, but I was thinking something like this (multiple packages).

Saints get:
Baker Mayfield

#1 Browns get:
$17m dead cap hit
2022 Round 2 #49

#2 Browns get:
$15m dead cap hit
2022 Round 2 #49
2022 Round 3 #101

#3 Browns get:
$17m dead cap hit
2022 Round 2 #49
2022 Round 3 #101

Would you personally do it? Could you see the Browns doing? Would you be devastated? Meh? Happy?

If the Browns are eating the salary, easily a 1st. If the other team is taking the salary on then a late 1st-mid 2nd.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dome said:

Saints get:
Baker Mayfield

#1 Browns get:
$17m dead cap hit
2022 Round 2 #49

#2 Browns get:
$15m dead cap hit
2022 Round 2 #49
2022 Round 3 #101

#3 Browns get:
$17m dead cap hit
2022 Round 2 #49
2022 Round 3 #101

If they like the center or Jenkins they would pull the trigger. I doubt they would touch Hill 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If they like the center or Jenkins they would pull the trigger. I doubt they would touch Hill 

Ruiz played in 15 games as a rookie, starting 9 at RG and giving up zero sacks. In 2021 he started all 17 games at C and both guard positions, he gave up 5 sacks with a rotating cast of QBs and OL around him.

The only reason I'm moving him in my mock draft is because I drafted All-Rookie Trey Smith at RG and only need one of them. 

Athletic and tenacious with the combination of skills and technique to fit into a variety of blocking schemes on the next level. Ruiz wins early with initial quickness and fast hands into first contact. He works to convert early advantages into wins. He's consistent in securing down-blocks and has the athletic traits to become a second-level factor. He'll give some ground to power rushers and needs help against wide-bodies, but the tape checks out. Ruiz has early starting potential and should develop into a good pro with guard/center flexibility. LINK

If I dealt the 2nd and 3rd, that is valued at the #39 pick (510pts) and includes a starting IOL on a cheap 2 year deal with 5th year option. Sounds like we might have a winner for my mock. Not all of you have to like it, it just has to feel realistic.

Edited by Dome