2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

I don't believe it was Jimmy...it was Stefanski, and then Berry!  There is a Plan B, C, and D.  They can't come out and say...hayyyyyyyy yaaaaaaaaal Baker is available, and we are open for business.  Even if the whole league knows they wanna trade this guy, they still need to put on a front.

Plan D might be to bring him back.....but I am quite sure the nerds knew what they were doing.  And if they didn't...then you all have to own up to the nerds being imbeciles, after you jumped on their jock when they were hired!

2 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

Not so sure about that. NFL.com reports says the FO told his agents at the combine they were going to try and trade him.

None of this would have happend if that crypt keeper Mortenson didnt leak the 'adult' comments on national tv.

BOOMERS amirite?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Have any of you guys ever worked in a truly toxic environment before? 

I have and I can tell you all of the things I dealt with I see the Browns players dealing with. 

people who leave end up happier and more successful.

browns will never turn it around in a sustainable way. We might have flash in the pan good seasons but we will always be garbage. 

Yes I have it’s called a jail lol

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Baker is what he has been thus far because that is what it is. Mostly underwhelming.  He is an uptempo QB who is extremely accurate in that system. We have never really tried it with him under any coach. The closest thing was down the stretch in 2020 but that didn't last long. 

I just think with the right system... nothing complicated and you don't have to take any routes off of the table because he can make all of the throws, he is a probowl QB every year. If we are never going to run an offense like that why waste his talents and our time. With the system we used last year with the personnel we need a Tom Brady with Lamar Jackson athleticism to make that passing game work. Maybe we thought Watson was close enough to that and that's why we went after him but my goodness if we don't have a coaching staff that can adjust to their players, especially QB then we really should move on from that coaching staff.

If you want to credit the injuries for Baker’s poor play last season fine, but to lay all or even the lions share of the blame on the coaching staff/game plan is ridiculous. The single biggest issue with the Browns regardless of coaching staff has been Baker’s inability to move off his first read and play from the pocket. 

The idea that there’s some perfect system that will hide these flaws and allow him to thrive that no coach has figured out is ridiculous.

15 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont believe for a single second that the smartest 'all-ivy league' front office didnt have a fallback plan. They have a plan, and that plan is likely Jimbo--they are probably just driving interest up in him right now to increase his price by saying that they want him.

Of course they did and it is "oh, we will just stick with Baker, no way this pisses him off."

2 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I don't believe it was Jimmy...it was Stefanski, and then Berry!  There is a Plan B, C, and D.  They can't come out and say...hayyyyyyyy yaaaaaaaaal Baker is available, and we are open for business.  Even if the whole league knows they wanna trade this guy, they still need to put on a front.

why?  The whole league knew Watson was available and teams lined up for him.

If you’re good teams will line up to get you.

2 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Plan D might be to bring him back.....but I am quite sure the nerds knew what they were doing.  And if they didn't...then you all have to own up to the nerds being imbeciles, after you jumped on their jock when they were hired!

Yes, it’s the nerds who are likely the imbeciles and not their boss who is a confirmed imbecile.  

Honestly, this is just par for the course with the Browns any more. I don't really care who the QB is going to be, just get it determined, let us know, and move forward with the rest of the off-season. 

As for Baker asking for a trade, if my employer came in and told me they were looking to replace me, I would be upset and look for work elsewhere as well. Any of you that say you wouldn't are full of ****. 

4 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

As for Baker asking for a trade, if my employer came in and told me they were looking to replace me, I would be upset and look for work elsewhere as well. Any of you that say you wouldn't are full of ****. 

I think pro sports are different than regular 9-5s.  

Teams are always looking to upgrade their talent. 

No one would like it obv, but I think most mature folks could realize it’s part of the business.