2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

7 minutes ago, JDD said:

You think Baker is going to show up if he isn't traded in a few weeks?

To OTA’s?  No.

Camp?  Probably, if he’s healthy.

His value is already in the crapper, with his own team questioning his maturity.  Sitting out won’t help that.

Best thing for Baker to do is go be a professional.  

• Like 3

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

To OTA’s?  No.

His value is already in the crapper, with his own team questioning his maturity.  Sitting out won’t help that.

Go ride a bike and quietly sit in meetings, cash a check, find a good realtor. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, pscottdai said:

Bernie has spoken, all of you haters can suck it ! lol :) 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bernie-kosar-baker-mayfield-100-032437858.html

Does not matter everyone on this board

No more about football then Bernie

There line

Deshaun is going to outplay

Mayfield

Clowney

Zaderius Smith

Draft

Jameson Williams 

Ojabo edge Michigan 

Man I am looking forward to this season.Not Funny Lol GIF by WWE

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

To OTA’s?  No.

that's not happening.

3 hours ago, duke2056 said:

I agree Baker will not do what would be best for him.  He seems the cut your nose off to spite your face type.

Seems the Browns have cut off their nose to spite their face by leaking that they need an "adult" at QB. 

Baker is just sitting at home while everyone still piles on him about what a POS he is for how they perceive what he may be thinking. 

Baker may not be the answer but fans who can hate someone or something because of what they make up in their head about what someone else may think or feel is a big problem. (doesn't stop at football either... hate is the world's biggest problem)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Seems the Browns have cut off their nose to spite their face by leaking that they need an "adult" at QB. 

Baker is just sitting at home while everyone still piles on him about what a POS he is for how they perceive what he may be thinking. 

Baker may not be the answer but fans who can hate someone or something because of what they make up in their head about what someone else may think or feel is a big problem. (doesn't stop at football either... hate is the world's biggest problem)

Like, unlike, then like again so I can give you two likes. 

Crazy to think in January of 21 everyone loved Baker, 1 year later he is a POS and everyone hates him because he’s a diva.  Or at least they read a tweet that makes them believe it.  

• Like 1

You can count me as one of those that had a changed of opinion on Baker. Not that I think he is a  POS or anything; my difference in opinion is all on his level of play and his farewell post.

1st his level of play. I've been a supporter of Mayfield as I always believed his rookie season and at the end of the 2020 season was the type of player he could be (which, if he improved every year, could definitely be top 10-12 range). The thing that changed my mind was his struggles and just the lack of it. Mayfield has shown flashes of brilliance (entire games even) but has flashed brighter with turnovers (especially late game killing demoralizing turnovers). Even if we wanted to exclude the bad stats, just watching Baker doesn't give me confidence that he could ever compete with the elite QBs when it matters. I know people like to bring up his W/L vs certain QBs, but we've seen him battle it out with the top QBs and come out on bottom. Yes, the Browns put up points in those games (Chiefs and Chargers for example) but the difference was....Mahomes and Herbert both did what they needed to. Can't blame the defense entirely as if I recall properly, both games could have ended if the Browns offense could run out the clock but instead chose to go 3 and out and/or committed a fluky turnover.

2nd his farewell post felt a bit odd since nothing was officially announced when he posted it. Obviously we don't know what's all gone behind closed doors, but I felt like the FO and Stefanski stuck up for Baker during the OBJ fiasco (which by the way, Browns player defended OBJ when the media tried to put a spin that OBJ was "distant" in the locker room). Baker can do whatever the hell he wants, but I just felt like it was disrespectful after what this current regime has tried to help Baker succeed.

I'm sure all these players know that the NFL is a business, so it shouldn't be a shock that the FO will be doing everything they can to also keep their jobs and that means upgrading positions they feel need to be upgraded. I hope Baker gets another shot to start somewhere, but he really needs to put in the time as his peers have made huge developments where as I feel Baker is in limbo.

14 hours ago, pscottdai said:

Bernie has spoken, all of you haters can suck it ! lol :) 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bernie-kosar-baker-mayfield-100-032437858.html

So?

Sure, he can lead a team to a winning record, possibly even to the playoffs.

Think the question is: Can he take a team all the way?

And the answer is: "No".

Would have been nice if Bernie had been asked that question, although I am sure he would have dodged answering it.

1 hour ago, Onizuka said:

Mayfield has shown flashes of brilliance (entire games even) but has flashed brighter with turnovers (especially late game killing demoralizing turnovers). Even if we wanted to exclude the bad stats, just watching Baker doesn't give me confidence that he could ever compete with the elite QBs when it matters. I know people like to bring up his W/L vs certain QBs, but we've seen him battle it out with the top QBs and come out on bottom. Yes, the Browns put up points in those games (Chiefs and Chargers for example) but the difference was....Mahomes and Herbert both did what they needed to. Can't blame the defense entirely as if I recall properly, both games could have ended if the Browns offense could run out the clock but instead chose to go 3 and out and/or committed a fluky turnover.

It's all about crunch time, and he doesn't seem to have that gene.