2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

11 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I wish we could just close this thread. It's cruel and unusual punishment at this point to keep talking about how wrong all of the things we perceive Baker is doing or thinking.

You don't have to turn him into a villain. He won't be our QB next year and he isn't currently on a rival roster so why keep ****ting on him?

I agree

It’s why I’m not going to comment on the podcast stuff.

I have no problem discussing his football skill, where he’d fit best, and what type of compensation we can get for him.

22 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

My guess is he will play the innocent victim and super defiant card. 

Bet it will be a **** show.

I bet it won't be, but we'll see.

21 hours ago, JDD said:

Makes me not want to root for him. Just go back home and just be about yourself. 

No reason to be a ****** 

Don't lose faith now. Let's see what actually happens.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Forgot about Teddy Bridgwaters situation a few years ago. We pay half of Bakers salary and move him for a 5th or 6th.

Depends on how you value picks and the cap.

If everyone is right and there is no need to worry about the cap you may as well hold on to him and get a comp pick which will be higher than a 5th or 6th.

Assuming no one comes calling with a better offer.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Depends on how you value picks and the cap.

If everyone is right and there is no need to worry about the cap you may as well hold on to him and get a comp pick which will be higher than a 5th or 6th.

Assuming no one comes calling with a better offer.

At this point I think the best way to get max value out of him is let Baker eat a roster spot and make him inactive every week. Let the season start and when somebodies starting QB goes down with injury--let that team pony up the proper compensation then since they are desperate.

By week 8-10 there is going to be a major injury to a starting QB OR some teams starting QB situation is going to be horrible enough for them to make a move (Seattle).

Its a waiting game right now

Edited by AkronsWitness

18 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

At this point I think the best way to get max value out of him is let Baker eat a roster spot and make him inactive every week. Let the season start and when somebodies starting QB goes down with injury--let that team pony up the proper compensation then since they are desperate.

By week 8-10 there is going to be a major injury to a starting QB OR some teams starting QB situation is going to be horrible enough for them to make a move (Seattle).

Yeah I said that a couple weeks ago in this thread.

It's the logical way to go. No need to be desperate.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

That’s absolutely the best way to go. Baker would probably pull a third as a comp pick next year to a desperate team. 

Just wait it out

46 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

but I think the organization is going to reach a point where they just don’t want the distraction and will cut him loose, whatever that looks like. 

And just swallow 19 mil in cap space?

Just do what the 76ers did with Ben Simmons. Keep his *** at home. If he’s a malcontent, suspend / fine him.

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

I just don’t see it happening. I get what you guys are saying but I think the organization is going to reach a point where they just don’t want the distraction and will cut him loose, whatever that looks like. 

Incompetence. That's what it will look like.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

And just swallow 19 mil in cap space?

Just do what the 76ers did with Ben Simmons. Keep his *** at home. If he’s a malcontent, suspend / fine him.

You can't suspend him and have his season not accrue and do it again next year. That's a much worse scenario.

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If you’re Detroit and Cleveland offers to pay a good chunk of Bakers salary, why wouldn’t you give it a shot?

Let Goff and Baker compete.

That certainly would be entertaining.

Do you think Dorsey is still committed to Mayfield?

• Like 1