2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

40 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Apparently every OSU who wins a Heisman get a statue on campus. Which would explain it as well as why Peterson doesn’t have one. 

AD was a much better pro than college player. He had the monster freshman season but overall wasn't as dominant as he was in the pros. Samaje Perine had better production in college.

35 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

AD was a much better pro than college player. He had the monster freshman season but overall wasn't as dominant as he was in the pros. Samaje Perine had better production in college.

Idk he’s the best college running back I’ve ever seen. He just wasn’t healthy. But when he played no one was better. 

8 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Idk he’s the best college running back I’ve ever seen. He just wasn’t healthy. But when he played no one was better. 

Statistically, many were better. Nick Chubb averages about the same yards per carry in the pros as AD did in college. Nick Chubb had 10 more college carries and over 700 more yards. He also had more TDs and better receiving stats.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Statistically, many were better. Nick Chubb averages about the same yards per carry in the pros as AD did in college. Nick Chubb had 10 more college carries and over 700 more yards. He also had more TDs and better receiving stats.

Stats ain’t everything. 

Stats would tell you Colt Brennan was a good player

PFF ain’t everything 

there’s a reason AP went top 10

8 hours ago, brownie man said:

Stats ain’t everything. 

Stats would tell you Colt Brennan was a good player

PFF ain’t everything 

there’s a reason AP went top 10

So you don't think Brennan was a good college player? Because he was.

Do you want me to list RBS drafted higher than Peterson? Like Enis, Richardson, Benson, McFadden, Ronnie Brown? The list goes on and on.

Some players excel in college, some in the pros and some in both. Peterson was great in both but there have certainly been many college running backs who were better in college. Not many have been better than him in the pros. You just have to disconnect the two.

If I’m a team looking for a QB, I’d much rather trade a 3rd for a Mayfield or Jimmy then draft any of the scrubs in this draft. I don’t know that I would go any higher than a third, but I’d do that for Baker if I’m a couple of these teams. I think he would give somebody out there average quarterback play. I still think there could be a couple of these teams though that are low key content having a really bad year and having a shot at Bryce Young or CJ Stroud next year though. Which wouldn’t be good for us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d easily take my chances with Baker on a one year deal that burn a first on one of the QB’s in this class.

Given the prospects in this class, for sure. If it doesn't work out you have your shot at a better QB class next year, and if it does you lock down your franchise QB.

6 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Given the prospects in this class, for sure. If it doesn't work out you have your shot at a better QB class next year, and if it does you lock down your franchise QB.

If you need a QB I'd wait for next year and build up assets for next year for draft maneuvering.