Raiders release David Irving

big_palooka

20 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Can’t wait to hear grudock explanation on this? Didn’t he just sign a deal with us? 🤦🏽‍♂️🙄lol

another marinelli guy too wtf lol

Probably skipped OTA's or showed up super out of shape. 

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Mo is going to dominate in SF. I've said for 2 seasons now that he will be a player who leaves here and becomes a household name. It will be another feather in the mismanagement cap of Gruden and his staff.

He was our best dt last 2-3 years 🤦🏽‍♂️Wtf lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

have no clue why people have been so high on him here. i dont feel much better about Philon either. 

also, just more salt in the Maurice Hurst wound

my receipts:

To be honest I don't know where all the Hearst life is coming from. I loved him coming out of college and thought he was the best defensive tackle who came out that year. Who is an absolute steal in the fifth round. He had 4.5 sacks his first year and then after that he kind of fizzled out. The reality is defensive tackle was our biggest need coming into this off-season and thats with him on the roster for years.

No idea why everybody made a big deal when he got cut

5 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

To be honest I don't know where all the Hearst life is coming from. I loved him coming out of college and thought he was the best defensive tackle who came out that year. Who is an absolute steal in the fifth round. He had 4.5 sacks his first year and then after that he kind of fizzled out. The reality is defensive tackle was our biggest need coming into this off-season and thats with him on the roster for years.

No idea why everybody made a big deal when he got cut

pass rush was a big need for us when we had khalil mack too. doesnt mean he was part of the problem.

Hurst has easily been the best pass rushing DT we have had since what, Denico Autry at least. he's not a game breaker but was the only bright spot on our interior. part of the reason our interior rush was garbage last year is that Collins got twice as many snaps as Hurst, despite having literally 0 pressures, sacks, or tackles for loss all year.

i dont disagree that we needed to reload at DT, but that doesnt mean you have to replace the one bright spot (who at the very least would be a good rotational piece) with the hopes that somebody like Philon, Irving, or Solomon Thomas can outdo him. Exactly what they did with Collins last year

Hurst has been a better 3 tec than Solomon Thomas so far in their respective NFL careers. how does that make sense that we cut Hurst to get Thomas?

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 1