Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

Strongly considered Andy Reid with my last pick, but was turned away when I saw the two best teams in my conference were coached by Urban Meyer and Mike Vrabel. Now of course Reid coached the best team, but Mahomes. I like the pick though, it certainly doesn't hurt. The impact coaches have is one of the more interesting mysteries in a league with a long list of mysteries. 

36 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Strongly considered Andy Reid with my last pick, but was turned away when I saw the two best teams in my conference were coached by Urban Meyer and Mike Vrabel. Now of course Reid coached the best team, but Mahomes. I like the pick though, it certainly doesn't hurt. The impact coaches have is one of the more interesting mysteries in a league with a long list of mysteries. 

I don’t remember the last time I took a coach high, let alone considered being the 1st to take one. I decided somewhat early I’d try it out this season. Probably could have afforded 1 more round to get what I consider 1 of the “big 3” for coaching but decided not to risk it.

Picked Reid, which ended what I think was a certain coach’s long streak of being 1st off to board, due to his recent Taco Bowl Ws and how he should help Herbert in sim the most which is biggest question mark on my team. Can Herbert repeat S21 success or was it favorable RNG?

Who knows though, Dabo Swinney won it a few years ago so I don’t think HC is more important in sim than any given position, but perhaps equally as important as your 2nd guard? Your 3rd WR? Your FB? 

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Who knows though, Dabo Swinney won it a few years ago so I don’t think HC is more important in sim than any given position, but perhaps equally as important as your 2nd guard? Your 3rd WR? Your FB? 

The million dollar question that I don't think anyone has been able to put their finger on

There are so many variables, that's its impossible to pin point

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

The million dollar question that I don't think anyone has been able to put their finger on

There are so many variables, that's its impossible to pin point

HC - Tom Coughlin (NYG)
OC - Todd Haley (PIT)
DC - Jack Del Rio (DEN)

HC: Sean Payton (NO)
OC: Darrell Bevell (SEA)
DC: Vic Fangio (SF)

HC: Andy Reid (KC)
OC: Eric Bieniemy (KC)
DC: Jack Del Rio (WAS)

My championship coaching staffs. Interpret that how you wish... but Jack Del Rio knows how to coach championship defenses apparently.

10 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

HC - Tom Coughlin (NYG)
OC - Todd Haley (PIT)
DC - Jack Del Rio (DEN)

HC: Sean Payton (NO)
OC: Darrell Bevell (SEA)
DC: Vic Fangio (SF)

HC: Andy Reid (KC)
OC: Eric Bieniemy (KC)
DC: Jack Del Rio (WAS)

My championship coaching staffs. Interpret that how you wish... but Jack Del Rio knows how to coach championship defenses apparently.

ehh.. did you have good coaches in the years you didn't win?

what have the Taco Bowl winning coaches looked like every season?

I'm not actually asking you to answer those, I'm just saying I don't know if its enough to correlate to "you must have a top coach to win the Taco Bowl"

Or maybe I'm just trying to keep people from drafting coaches before my pick......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

I'm not actually asking you to answer those, I'm just saying I don't know if its enough to correlate to "you must have a top coach to win the Taco Bowl"

Or maybe I'm just trying to keep people from drafting coaches before my pick......

I was just curious based on what you said and took a look at those three seasons. Historically I do try to have one of the better coaching staffs, but it doesn't always work out. I'd place greater emphasis on HC over OC/DC of course.

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

S20: Andy Reid

S19: Andy Reid

S18: Pete Carroll

S17: Pete Carroll

S16: Mike Zimmer

S15: Mike Zimmer

• Like 1