Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

Breaking news out of Rio de Janiero this morning!

Sources close to the team have stated that after a slow 1-2 start, including two home losses, the defending champion Pirates are looking to change things up. Early transactions this morning include some cuts from the practice squad (Taylor Heinicke) as well as starter Derek Wolfe, and the benching of young guard Damien Lewis. Head Coach Bill Belichick revealed little during the morning presser, but kept reiterating "Do your job" and "Next man up". It's told that he's also unhappy with how both the offense and defense have performed, and the coaching staff, particularly offensive coordinator Mike McCarthy, are on a short leash.

Even bigger news coming out are the rumors that the Pirates may be shopping around Tight End George Kittle ([3 GS]: 13 receptions for 144 yards (11.08 YPR, 20 LNG), 0 touchdowns. 2 pancakes.) This was the big off-season acquisition that the Pirates made to try and take their offense to the next level, but the on-field result has not paid off. An anonymous source stated that it may be a case of too many mouths to feed offensively, but with the offense scoring ranking bottom 4 in the league, that's not necessarily the case. Offensive scheme changes may help right the course, as well as some potential coaching staff changes, but the Pirates could be willing to move on from Kittle if presented with a package enticing enough - likely either defensive help or draft capital.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Breaking news out of Rio de Janiero this morning!

Sources close to the team have stated that after a slow 1-2 start, including two home losses, the defending champion Pirates are looking to change things up. Early transactions this morning include some cuts from the practice squad (Taylor Heinicke) as well as starter Derek Wolfe, and the benching of young guard Damien Lewis. Head Coach Bill Belichick revealed little during the morning presser, but kept reiterating "Do your job" and "Next man up". It's told that he's also unhappy with how both the offense and defense have performed, and the coaching staff, particularly offensive coordinator Mike McCarthy, are on a short leash.

Even bigger news coming out are the rumors that the Pirates may be shopping around Tight End George Kittle ([3 GS]: 13 receptions for 144 yards (11.08 YPR, 20 LNG), 0 touchdowns. 2 pancakes.) This was the big off-season acquisition that the Pirates made to try and take their offense to the next level, but the on-field result has not paid off. An anonymous source stated that it may be a case of too many mouths to feed offensively, but with the offense scoring ranking bottom 4 in the league, that's not necessarily the case. Offensive scheme changes may help right the course, as well as some potential coaching staff changes, but the Pirates could be willing to move on from Kittle if presented with a package enticing enough - likely either defensive help or draft capital.

I love the write-up, but I don't think it did justice to just how short McCarthy's leash is.

Offensive League Leaders after 3 weeks

Passing Yards  
1 Ryan Tannehill (RC) 1,036
2 Joe Burrow (HAN) 1,026
3 Jimmy Garoppolo (CHI) 1,004
4 Matt Ryan (SCR) 965
5 Derek Carr (ANT) 936

Passing TD's  
1 Aaron Rodgers (PRO) 8
2 Ben Roethlisberger (TAC) 7
3 Patrick Mahomes (RJ) 7
4 Several Players 6

Rushing Yards  
1 Dalvin Cook (HAN) 318
2 Derrick Henry (FRE) 296
3 Aaron Jones (RIC) 294
4 Christian McCaffrey (RC) 265
5 Chris Carson (PHO) 262
5 Lamar Jackson (REY) 262

Rushing TD's  
1 James Robinson (ANT) 3
2 Christian McCaffrey (RC) 3
3 Chris Carson (PHO) 3
4 Kenyan Drake (CHI) 3
5 JK Dobbins (ANC) 3

Receptions  
1 Adam Thielen (NAS) 24
2 Allen Robinson (RC) 22
3 DeAndre Hopkins (HAN) 21
4 Ja'Marr Chase (TAC) 20
5 Amari Cooper (LAN) 20
5 Davante Adams (SCR) 20
5 Michael Thomas (CHI) 20
Receiving Yards  
1 Allen Robinson (RC) 385
2 Mike Evans (PHO) 333
3 Michael Thomas (CHI) 321
4 Adam Thielen (NAS) 299
5 Amari Cooper (LAN) 291

Receiving TD's  
1 Antonio Brown (LR) 5
2 Terry McLaurin (RJ) 4
2 Amari Cooper (LAN) 3
2 Stephon Diggs (REY) 3
5 Ja'Marr Chase (TAC) 3
5 DeVante Parker (FRE) 3

Pancakes  
1 Richie Incognito (HAN) 9
2 Lane Johnson (SA) 8
3 Rayshawn Slater (NAS) 7
4 JC Tretter (CHI) 7
5 Jason Kelce (EGY) 7
5 Brandon Brooks (HAN) 7
5 Rob Havenstein (HAN) 7
5 David Andrews (SCR) 7
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

Dirty dog. Literally just looked back at what Ruskie posted. Considered stashing him for NT if Harrison doesn’t perform. I thought he put him on the PS until I just saw his write up. Oh well 

I mean, you can have 'em. I'll move Wolfe and STC Harbaugh in a package deal.

I'm not a monster.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

Dirty dog. Literally just looked back at what Ruskie posted. Considered stashing him for NT if Harrison doesn’t perform. I thought he put him on the PS until I just saw his write up. Oh well 

3 games, 6 tackles, 1 coverage. I'm sure it's a slump, but I suppose I felt there were going to be better options for this season and not much point in PSing him as I didn't think I'd ever return him into the starting lineup. Might be better for 3-4.

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

3 games, 6 tackles, 1 coverage. I'm sure it's a slump, but I suppose I felt there were going to be better options for this season and not much point in PSing him as I didn't think I'd ever return him into the starting lineup. Might be better for 3-4.

Yeah, definitely. I'm not hoping for elite play, but I'm also not a big Aldon Smith fan. I'd rather throw Wolfe into the lineup at DE during Hendrickson's off-days and hope for the best.

8 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I considered him during the draft due to his solid stats last sim. Just don’t know how he fits at NT