Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

No, I gave him multiple high picks for a freaking LB and a good not great CB. 

That's alright - swoosh tanked an entire season to try and get a loaded team only to be knocked out in the first round. 

15 minutes ago, swoosh said:

I respect your attitude towards trading. Take it. Or don't. I feel you don't make a trade unless you're clearly getting more value than history would suggest it's worth. It's easier to do when you're at the top and don't need to make moves. 

I've made countless of trades over the years, but don't think we've danced yet. 

The trick to trading with Ruskie is slow burn. Send him an offer. Tell him over the course of a month at random times how much the player or trade will help his team. Try and catch him on the drunk nights and push a little more during those and see if he agrees. It takes patience. But it’s worth the fun involved.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

That's alright - swoosh tanked an entire season to try and get a loaded team only to be knocked out in the first round. 

Eh, I was certainly loaded with picks last draft, but I didn't go all in. I'm on the plus side of picks once again this draft, having made a couple of trades last draft just because I had such an abundance of picks. It also helped me land players like DK Metcalf and Travis Kelce. Wouldn't have been possible without doing what I did. 

I didn't go into it planning to tank. I took advantage of people banking on this league not lasting more than one season and got value that far exceeded what history has shown. And coming off a championship, I was even more than willing to make those moves.

Just now, swoosh said:

Eh, I was certainly loaded with picks last draft, but I didn't go all in. I'm on the plus side of picks once again this draft, having made a couple of trades last draft just because I had such an abundance of picks. It also helped me land players like DK Metcalf and Travis Kelce. Wouldn't have been possible without doing what I did. 

I didn't go into it planning to tank. I took advantage of people banking on this league not lasting more than one season and got value that far exceeded what history has shown. And coming off a championship, I was even more than willing to make those moves.

BTW, I meant I took advantage of the situation of people banking on the league dying. 

1 minute ago, swoosh said:

Ya'll also give me no credit for seeing those DeShaun allegations coming from a mile away. Something smelt funny with that guy. 

Well you only knew cus you were one of the accusers

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, swoosh said:

I respect your attitude towards trading. Take it. Or don't. I feel you don't make a trade unless you're clearly getting more value than history would suggest it's worth. It's easier to do when you're at the top and don't need to make moves. 

I've made countless of trades over the years, but don't think we've danced yet. 

Sort of. I've got a plan in mind, so from my perspective it's a situation where "make it worthwhile". If the player I end up not tagging would go higher than the draft pick I acquire, it's a mistake on my behalf.

And when there seems to be a lot of folks looking for 1 tag, I'm willing to take a better than market rate if someone really wants to retain a player.

• Like 1