• 76ers in 4
    • 76ers in 5
    • 76ers in 6
    • 76ers in 7
    • Hawks in 4
    • Hawks in 5
    • Hawks in 6
    • Hawks in 7

It's amazing to me how the media was all over Trae Young's 31 point performance in Game 1 (albeit in an upset) but ignored Embiid's 39 on one leg. He comes back and puts up 40 on one leg and they ignore it again. Embiid has, far and away, been the best player on the court in both a loss and a win and the national media and analysts just don't care.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

It's amazing to me how the media was all over Trae Young's 31 point performance in Game 1 (albeit in an upset) but ignored Embiid's 39 on one leg. He comes back and puts up 40 on one leg and they ignore it again. Embiid has, far and away, been the best player on the court in both a loss and a win and the national media and analysts just don't care.

Yeah he was always gonna be the best player in this series. I've been giving him his flowers even in game 1. 

On 6/6/2021 at 12:32 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Also shoutout to Embiid...

Young is getting all the props and deservedly so, but Joel is toughing it out when he probably could've sat today and he's keeping up with Trae scoring wise and has 3 blocks to boot.

On 6/6/2021 at 12:33 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Embiid with more points than Young now.

On 6/6/2021 at 12:37 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Embiid was great today.

On 6/6/2021 at 12:44 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

If Embiid doesn't miss time this should be Philly in 6 at worst.

Trae is great, but Philly has better personnel to slow him down than the Hawks with Joel. 

Embiid would've been right there with Jokic for MVP if not for playing time. Dude was nuts this year. He had to be the leader for the award the first quarter of the season.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

13 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

The NBA will vary rarely hype up a big mans performance and there has definitely been an emphasis on promoting young talent in the media this post season. Embiid has been incredible, if he didn't get hurt he would've been the MVP. 

4 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Went to the game last night, so many people boo'd him when he first came into the game.  Was awesome watching him go off. 

Why were they booing? You desperately needed some scoring off the bench.

He ended up scoring 1 point less than Simmons, Green, Thybulle, Maxey and Hill combined lol.

On 6/9/2021 at 4:21 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Why were they booing? You desperately needed some scoring off the bench.

He ended up scoring 1 point less than Simmons, Green, Thybulle, Maxey and Hill combined lol.

I'm about as fairweather a fan as you'll get from the 76ers/basketball in general, but from what I was told it's bc he's been pretty bad and essentially got benched for Maxey.  Typical Philly fans booing someone on their own team (a lot of people were booing danny green all night), but was fun to watch him hit like 4 or 5 in a row.