• Bucks in 5
    • Bucks in 6
    • Bucks in 7
    • Hawks in 4
    • Hawks in 5
    • Hawks in 6
    • Hawks in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/24/2021 at 12:00 AM

28 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol team is going to continue to list him as doubtful just so ticket sales don't plummet. 

Maybe team morale, too. It's beneficial to give them hope of Giannis return, even if it's 0.0001% he could play one minute in game 7 of finals. 

It's a goal, then, for everyone else to focus on.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, amac said:

It’s easier to make a list of stars in the playoffs who haven’t missed games at this point.

Really is, just a bunch of broken teams struggling to get to the finish line SMH.

Next year the top dogs should reign again.....hopefully lol. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Really is, just a bunch of broken teams struggling to get to the finish line SMH.

Next year the top dogs should reign again.....hopefully lol. 

To be fair, though, this happens a lot more than we like to admit.    I say that as a Raptors fan.   

Realistically, if the Warriors don't lose Klay, the Raps don't win in 2019.    Same for Lebron & CLE vs. GS & Draymond's stupidity.    But flags fly forever.

19 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

To be fair, though, this happens a lot more than we like to admit.    I say that as a Raptors fan.   

Realistically, if the Warriors don't lose Klay, the Raps don't win in 2019.    Same for Lebron & CLE vs. GS & Draymond's stupidity.    But flags fly forever.

Difference between injuries to one or two contenders opposed to this year where it happened to damn near every team. 

Like even with injuries the top favored teams still end up winning it all. 

Lakers, Raptors, Warriors (3x), Cavs, Heat (2x) and Spurs are the last nine champs. All powerhouses/favored teams minus possibly the Raptors and even they were one of the top contenders that year...I just think most thought it was a forgone conclusion the Warriors would win but then KD got hurt and that changed everything. 

The teams getting to the finals this year will not be anything close to the past 9 champions. 

30 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

said this to Raptors fans and they threw a hissyfit. You don’t have to put an asterisk next to it but don’t pretend injuries didn’t play a role. Not all championships are equally impressive

Edited by amac

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Difference between injuries to one or two contenders opposed to this year where it happened to damn near every team. 

Like even with injuries the top favored teams still end up winning it all. 

Lakers, Raptors, Warriors (3x), Cavs, Heat (2x) and Spurs are the last nine champs. All powerhouses/favored teams minus possibly the Raptors and even they were one of the top contenders that year...I just think most thought it was a forgone conclusion the Warriors would win but then KD got hurt and that changed everything. 

The teams getting to the finals this year will not be anything close to the past 9 champions. 

If the Suns win, I think they'll be the one team we're likely to see return to the Finals in 2022-4.   They're ascending.   The others, though - yeah, I get your point.  Hawks are emerging, but there's no realistic way anyone thinks they're conference champ - level yet.

Edited by Broncofan

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If the Suns win, I think they'll be the one team we're likely to see return to the Finals in 2022-4.   They're ascending.   The others, though - yeah, I get your point.  Hawks are emerging, but there's no realistic way anyone thinks they're conference champ - level yet.

I mean you can never count on full health for every team, but if we get close to full health next season, I don't see the Suns in the final four. The Bucks have a better shot being in the East in getting to the conference finals. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean you can never count on full health for every team, but if we get close to full health next season, I don't see the Suns in the final four. The Bucks have a better shot being in the East in getting to the conference finals. 

Well, too many things go right in a championship year for teams to repeat - why I said 2022-4.   Just like the Suns seem to be getting all the breaks after overcoming CP3 missing Games 3-4 vs. LAL, it's hard to get those same breaks the next year.    But I think their core and their growth gets them into a Final 4 again - maybe not next year, but the 3-year window is pretty solid IMO.   Guess we'll see there.

Raptors win anyways if Klay doesn’t get hurt. Ratptors were actually 3-0 in all the games Klay played the entirety of I believe. KD though? Already down 3-1 who’s to say they don’t hold on and win still. People like to downplay how great that Raptors team was. 

KD playing the whole series well that’s a different story. 

8 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Raptors win anyways if Klay doesn’t get hurt. Ratptors were actually 3-0 in all the games Klay played the entirety of I believe. KD though? Already down 3-1 who’s to say they don’t hold on and win still. People like to downplay how great that Raptors team was. 

KD playing the whole series well that’s a different story. 

Nah, the Raptors lost game 5 when Klay played the entire game. I mean game 6 came down right to the wire and that was Klay hurt after he was going ape sh^t before getting hurt. Would have still been hard to beat the Raptors in game 7 on the road but possible. With KD though? Sorry, you guys had little to no chance. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah, the Raptors lost game 5 when Klay played the entire game. I mean game 6 came down right to the wire and that was Klay hurt after he was going ape sh^t before getting hurt. Would have still been hard to beat the Raptors in game 7 on the road but possible. With KD though? Sorry, you guys had little to no chance. 

I am probably misremembering that but I felt we were 3-0 I’ll trust you. Klay was going off but left when the warriors were only up like 4 late 3rd? Not sure how people automatically count that as a warriors win Or something like that. We definitely won 2 games where Klay played the entire game regardless. That Raptors team was way better than given credit for. 

With KD down 3-1 or with KD for the whole series? I feel we could have won a game up 3-1 with KD playing out that series then the title is looked at a bit different but the way people were talking it was like well the bucks would win without KD but Toronto is still not gonna win. 

Sure if KD was healthy the entire series that’s different but no one expected him to even play more than likely and that didn’t matter the warriors were gonna win anyways and then to blame it all on Klay.