GOTW | Week 9 | #2 Penn St. @ #6 Ohio St.

buno67

Who takes control of the Big 10 and their playoff hopes?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes control of the Big 10 and their playoff hopes?

• Penn State Nittany Lions
    • the Ohio State Buckeyes

Just now, August4th said:

and its been the case for most of the season ...I knew that unit would cost PSU a game..imagine them trying to block Bama

Thats why Im not overwhelmingly disappointed like when Michigan beat us back in 05.    Alabama would absolutely steamroll us.    

Must win for OSU. They got it done. To think OSU fans complain about Barrett half the time...

Blessing in disguise for PSU. Relatively easy remaining schedule since they're out of the B1G title game. 11-1 and will have a legitimate case for the CFP with how things are shaping up. Winning out and 11-1 gives them much better odds IMO than if they ended up 12-1 with a loss to Wisconsin in B1G championship. If OSU runs the table omc;udingB1G championship, they're at least #2. Only 1 close lose on the road to the #2 team in the nation? They'd be in.

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Must win for OSU. They got it done. To think OSU fans complain about Barrett half the time...

Blessing in disguise for PSU. Relatively easy remaining schedule since they're out of the B1G title game. 11-1 and will have a legitimate case for the CFP with how things are shaping up. Winning out and 11-1 gives them much better odds IMO than if they ended up 12-1 with a loss to Wisconsin in B1G championship. If OSU runs the table omc;udingB1G championship, they're at least #2. Only 1 close lose on the road to the #2 team in the nation? They'd be in.

They're done unless they win the B1G.  If there is a 1 loss non conference champ who makes it, it will be Bama/UGA loser.

Just now, bananabucket said:

Who was knocking Barkley?  

Sounded like you were....but even if you werent, there are people who will be saying things like "If Barkley was that good, he wouldnt have gotten shut down so easily".    Every time a great RB gets shut down, you hear comments like that....even when its because the OLine was dookie.  

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Sounded like you were....but even if you werent, there are people who will be saying things like "If Barkley was that good, he wouldnt have gotten shut down so easily".    Every time a great RB gets shut down, you hear comments like that....even when its because the OLine was dookie.  

Was more complimenting OSU.  I'm leading the "draft Barkley" bandwagon for the Colts.

Just now, bananabucket said:

Was more complimenting OSU.  I'm leading the "draft Barkley" bandwagon for the Colts.

Fair enough.   Just saying there are some clowns who will act like Barkley sucked just because of the stat sheet. 

4 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

swear 8 out of every 10 run plays their was one or two OSU players already in the back field as soon as Barkley got the ball...I think it's a mix of bad coaching and talent..been like this all yr

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

PSU vs UW would have been an interesting championship game. PSU is a first half team and UW is a 2nd half team.

Still possible if OSU drops a game @ Michigan or vs MSU, but I suspect we will face OSU

Most likely. I want a chance at revenge for that 59-0 drubbing a few seasons ago. 

7 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Penn St has a weak schedule though. They lost to the only team they play worth a damn today. 

Just now, PAW said:

They're done unless they win the B1G.  If there is a 1 loss non conference champ who makes it, it will be Bama/UGA loser.

I think Bama goes undefeated, Georgia drops 1 before losing to Bama (either at GT or at Auburn).

OSU runs the table.

Clemson runs the table.

Washington St loses another. They have @ Stanford, WSU, and conf championship left.

Oklahoma loses another. They have @ Ok st, TCU, WVU and conf championship left.

TCU loses another, or miss out on title game. 1 loss non champ PSU gets in over 1 loss non champ TCU.

1. Bama

2. OSU

3. Clemson

4. Penn St

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

swear 8 out of every 10 run plays their was one or two OSU players already in the back field as soon as Barkley got the ball...I think it's a mix of bad coaching and talent..been like this all yr

Yeah....its embarrassing.   They completely collapsed in the 4th quarter.   McSorley was running for his life and Barkley was surrounded before he could do anything.   

Archived