Rams RB Cam Akers Tears Achillies

TitanLegend

On 7/22/2021 at 9:00 AM, FrantikRam said:

I think David Johnson makes the most sense - Rams have a lot of picks next year so could throw them a 3rd for him. Houston is rebuilding so I can't imagine then rejecting a 3rd for him.

We even have some cap space so we could definitely make it work from that side.

No.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned or not already but the only other young RB I can think of who had the same injury was D’Onta Foreman if I’m not mistaken. Also supposedly had poor work habits that didn’t help his recovery process I’m sure but it’s not great.

Onviously Mack as well, but we haven’t seen him since. 

Edited by Fureys49ers

On 7/22/2021 at 8:00 AM, FrantikRam said:

I think David Johnson makes the most sense - Rams have a lot of picks next year so could throw them a 3rd for him. Houston is rebuilding so I can't imagine then rejecting a 3rd for him.

We even have some cap space so we could definitely make it work from that side.

A 3rd for David Johnson?!?!? Why in the world would you offer that?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned or not already but the only other young RB I can think of who had the same injury was D’Onta Foreman if I’m not mistaken. Also supposedly had poor work habits that didn’t help his recovery process I’m sure but it’s not great.

Onviously Mack as well, but we haven’t seen him since. 

Mikel Leshoure is another. 

The history around Achilles recovery is such a small sample size that it’s tough to make any real connections. There aren’t many backs who were Akers caliber when they suffered the injury. Many were on their way out. Leshoure is the exception as he was a 2nd round pick but that’s was over a decade ago. We know science and medicine have advanced. We’ve seen older WRs come back from it like Sanders and Smith Sr. so there is still some hope for Akers.

RB is such a throwaway position to begin with. That makes this injury such a career killer. Teams just don;t have the incentive to wait around and hope he can rebound when they can draft or sign a new young RB fairly easily. As long as your team has a decent Oline they can make almost any RB good.