Rams RB Cam Akers Tears Achillies

TitanLegend

10 hours ago, Ty21 said:

It’s an Achilles tear. If he comes back, it definitely won’t be speedy. 

Like with ACL's, modern medicine has come a long way from this injury being a career killer like it used to.  I'm not saying it's a stellar likelihood that he comes back to at or better than he previously was, but 1) all reports thus far are tear (which tends to mean any of a varying degree of severity that isn't a full-blown rupture) and not an out and out rupture (if it was/is a rupture, it will be reported as such) and 2) Kevin Durant tore his Achilles at a more advanced age, in a sport where the Achilles tendon is actually tasked with doing a lot more and this is more performance-depended-upon than in football, and while it did take a year, he's back and playing at a level not below the one he was at prior to the injury.  Given the limited shelf-life often given to the running back position, things may go differently for Akers, they may not - it's honestly too early to tell.

I think David Johnson makes the most sense - Rams have a lot of picks next year so could throw them a 3rd for him. Houston is rebuilding so I can't imagine then rejecting a 3rd for him.

We even have some cap space so we could definitely make it work from that side.

Not saying this is a death blow to his career but curious who was the last RB with a Achilles tear that came back to kill it at the RB position the rest of his career?

This might not be Basketball doing jumpers but we are talking about running at high speeds, cutting on a dime and being twisted to the ground on a play by play basis. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not saying this is a death blow to his career but curious who was the last RB with a Achilles tear that came back to kill it at the RB position the rest of his career?

This might not be Basketball doing jumpers but we are talking about running at high speeds, cutting on a dime and being twisted to the ground on a play by play basis. 

If the Achilles typically heals back stronger what prevents the RB being able to do all those things? 

On 7/22/2021 at 3:27 PM, Lionized said:

If the Achilles typically heals back stronger what prevents the RB being able to do all those things? 

No Clue, why I asked the question? Can you name the last RB to successfully recover and kill it?  I can't.